i used d windows bitlocker encryption software on windows 7 laptop nd it ws half encrypted nd ma laptop gt crashed n it takes time fr its repair bt by the time i plugged in d hard disk to my desktop nd its nt allowing me to aaccess the data on d disc so pls let me know how to access the data on the drive mine is a windows xp desktop
n da futur f u tpe ur qustn lk ths pls expt ur anser to nt b rredablle mybe u cld rtyp pst so ppl cn read t mby gogle trslte hps f u r nt ntv eglsh spkr
If I can understand your gibberish correctly, you where halfway done encrypting your drive when your computer died?
If this is the case you are SOL, all data is lost.
If your drive however was fully encrypted it may be possible to recover your data.
You will need the 48 digit recovery password that was generated during encryption and another computer that has bitlocker avaliable.
As the only OS' that have bitlocker are the Enterprise and Ultimate editions of Windows Vista and Windows 7, this will not be possible on your XP machine without upgrading the OS.
Once you have found a suitable computer, follow these instructions:
If you have an encrypted data drive that is locked, you will need the drive that Windows is installed on to be operational so that you can unlock the data drive. You'll also need the BitLocker recovery password for that data drive, which is not the same password as the one you use for the drive that Windows is installed on.
1. Before removing the hard disk from the inoperable computer, check the host computer to which you're transferring the disk. The host computer must be running Windows and have BitLocker available (even if BitLocker has not been turned on).
2. Shut down both computers.
3. Remove the hard disk from the inoperable computer and install it in the host computer.
4. Start the host computer and log on.
5. Open Bitlocker Drive Encryption by clicking the Start button , clicking Control Panel, clicking Security, and then clicking Bitlocker Drive Encryption. If you are prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.
6. The transferred drive will be indicated in the list of drives as a Locked Volume. Click the Unlock volume link, and then follow the instructions on the screen.