HDMI not working on 9400gt

Status
Not open for further replies.

medic1

Distinguished
Jul 31, 2009
i have a 9400gt card from asus it comes with hdmi built in but when i connect my 26" lcd TV to it i get no signal. any help please

medic1

Distinguished
Jul 31, 2009
im defo selecting the rite input and the tvs hdmis work perfectly on everyting else.as for the card i cnt test it on any1s comp as my mates have either got laptops or jus dnt care about comps.as for the driver i shall download the newest driver nw and try that but surely the drivers that come with shud have the settings for the hdmi output.any other ideas whilst i get the latest drivers. thanks in advance people.

medic1

Distinguished
Jul 31, 2009
rite then jus installed newest driver from the website and still nothing.using a dvi to hdmi dnt work either.ive tried playing with the settings changeing the resolution and stuff to c if it will work but nothing.at the moment the card works fine through the vga.hence how im typeing. the tvs native resolution is saying 1366x768 at 60hz at its highest point.to run it at 75hz i would have to drop the res dwn to 1152x864.couls this be why the card dnt work on my tv.cus the resolutions dnt match up cus windows and nvidia view dnt have them resolutions on there settings.

ps im running xp if that makes a diffrence.

yadnom

Distinguished
Dec 26, 2007
try sending it a 1280x720 resolution over HDMI. My TV has 1366x768 resolution as well, but won't work unless I set the resolution to 1280x720 or 1920x1080, the standard HD resolutions.

medic1

Distinguished
Jul 31, 2009
rite then.i jus tried the 1280x720 and no luck.as for the 1080 u said the option aint there for it.i can get my native res wit the vga but thats it.when i try and create a custom res through the nvidia controll panel it wnt work.i put it in click test and nothing happens.is there any other way of getting the resolution to change.im thinkin it mite be the tv bt i dnt nw why.lol.

medic1

Distinguished
Jul 31, 2009
rite quick update.ive gotten to the point nw where ive gne through all the resolutions and nothing.as of nw im using the onboard graphics as the last res i set wnt work on anyting vga or hdmi.get past the bios screen and thats it i get a blank screen.so as i have a short fse i have taken the card out of me comp.im gn take it to sum1 who mite be able to sort it and pay them to do it.atleast that way of it dnt work they can sort the god damn thing out.lol.in the mean time anyhelp would be great cus i would rather sort the problem out meself.

G

I'm having the same issue with a NVidia GeForce 9400 GT. The PCI express card has three ports in the back - HDMI, VGA and DVI.

I'm using Windows 7 - 64bits. and the latest Nvidia Driver available. (257.21 - 2010.06.15)

The HDMI port is not working when I connect it to a TV. Windows does not recognize it or make any sound when I plug it.

The VGA port works fine with the Monitor, the DVI port also works fine. I had tested the TV by connecting it to a DVI port with a DVI-HDMI adapter and worked fine. So the cable and the TV is working fine.

Any tips will be appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.