Sign in with
Your question

Anything to do to make this cooler better?

Last response: in Overclocking
July 27, 2011 6:08:43 AM

I have a LOGISYS Computer BETA 400 ST AC4400BT 92mm Hydro Bearing AMD CPU Cooler and my temps have been anywhere from 30C to 50C (on full load).

I recently discovered, that the fan on top of the heatsink, pushes air down towards the motherboard. I had a case fan right across from the CPU fan that was pulling air out of the case. After switching the case fan, I noticed my fan speeds went up a tiny bit, and my CPU is also a bit cooler as well.

Was wondering if there was anymore tips or anything to make my CPU cooler?

I noticed that my CPU fan speeds are high, but they could be higher according to BIOS (theres individual settings for fan PWM and etc, but I just put it at performance setting). Should I try altering these values even? Or would additional fan speed not really do anything at all? I imagine a fan can only move so much heat....

More about : make cooler

July 27, 2011 9:26:16 AM

There's really nothing to cool it down further really
If you want something cooler, go with water cooling,if you dont know much then you should go with something like the corsair H series pre-build water-cooling
a c 110 à CPUs
a b K Overclocking
July 27, 2011 1:53:12 PM

Tips:
1) Your CPU heatsink fan, and the case fan that is close by should face the same way if possible so that the air flow is in the same direction. Some choose to the rear, some choose up. I like to the rear, because then the CPU case fan is pulling some air across the RAM which cools them a little bit more than the other way.

2) Fan speed control.
You may not have your CPU fan speed control working properly. You need the following working:
a) CPU fan plugged into the proper spot on the motherboard
b) BIOS fan speed set to the proper setting. You often have three choices such as AUTO, PWM, and VOLTAGE. Mine was on Auto by default but I didn't have fan speed control until I changed it to VOLTAGE.

Get the program "Prime 95" for multiple cores (or only CPU stress program). See if you can hear your CPU fan starting up. If not it's probably at 100% already.

(Most CPU fans for coolers you buy for over $30 are pretty quiet in idle mode.)
Related resources
a c 110 à CPUs
a b K Overclocking
July 27, 2011 1:55:26 PM

Power supply:
The PSU, if possible, should never have a fan inside your case sucking heat into it. The exception is for PSU's mounted on the bottom of the case. Top-mounted PSU's, if possible, should suck in air from the top and blow it out the back.
a c 265 à CPUs
a c 108 K Overclocking
July 27, 2011 2:15:57 PM

Espionage724 said:
I have a LOGISYS Computer BETA 400 ST AC4400BT 92mm Hydro Bearing AMD CPU Cooler and my temps have been anywhere from 30C to 50C (on full load).

I recently discovered, that the fan on top of the heatsink, pushes air down towards the motherboard. I had a case fan right across from the CPU fan that was pulling air out of the case. After switching the case fan, I noticed my fan speeds went up a tiny bit, and my CPU is also a bit cooler as well.

Was wondering if there was anymore tips or anything to make my CPU cooler?

I noticed that my CPU fan speeds are high, but they could be higher according to BIOS (theres individual settings for fan PWM and etc, but I just put it at performance setting). Should I try altering these values even? Or would additional fan speed not really do anything at all? I imagine a fan can only move so much heat....

1) Your temperatures are nominal. Do not worry, if things get too hot, the cpu will downclock to protect itself.

2) Having the fan blow down towards the motherboard is normal, and good. It helps cool the motherboard.

3) If noise is an issue, there is not much you can do because a 92mm fan will be noisy. As the cpu heats up, the fan will spin up. Yes, a faster fan speed will help with cooling.
If you want quiet, and perhaps better cooling, look an a large tower type cooler with a slow turning 120mm fan.
Look at the Xigmatek gaia, or cm hyper 212, each is about $30. Mount it so that the fan exhausts towards the rear of the case where the rear case fan can get the heat out of the case directly.
!