DirecTV Tivo and promised update?

Anyone know for sure when the update for the seires2 DirecTivo's are going to
begin?
19 answers Last reply
More about directv tivo promised update

    Jack Zwick wrote:
    > In article <d0leme$j60$1@news.xmission.com>,
    > glenzabr@nospamallowed.xmission.com (GMAN) wrote:
    >
    > > Anyone know for sure when the update for the seires2 DirecTivo's
    are going to
    > > begin?
    >
    > What update? They are not getting either HMO or TTG as far as I've
    > heard. You have a URL from an authoritative source that says
    different?

    Mainly just folder support:
    http://www.directv.com/see/landing/dvr_upgrade.html

    Jack Zwick wrote:
    > In article <1110381125.590947.285510@z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com>,
    > in2sheep@yahoo.com wrote:
    >

    > > Jack Zwick wrote:

    DirecTivo's
    > > are going to
    > > >
    > > > What update? They are not getting either HMO or TTG as far as
    I've
    > > > heard. You have a URL from an authoritative source that says
    > > different?
    > >
    > > Mainly just folder support:
    > > http://www.directv.com/see/landing/dvr_upgrade.html
    >
    > So what's it offer that using 4.01b doesn't ?

    Official support? The ability to get folders without having to hack
    your box at all (i.e., not void your warranty)?

    In article <d0leme$j60$1@news.xmission.com>,
    glenzabr@nospamallowed.xmission.com (GMAN) wrote:

    > Anyone know for sure when the update for the seires2 DirecTivo's are going to
    > begin?

    What update? They are not getting either HMO or TTG as far as I've
    heard. You have a URL from an authoritative source that says different?

    I do not have the URL handy, but we are supposed to be getting 6.2 with
    faster guide and foldered now playing list.
    It was supposed to start in Feb.
    Dealadatabase.com forums have some people saying that they have received it.
    To control tech support costs, they are only updating a set number of boxes
    at a time.

    --
    Steven BerkHolz
    Send to Domain TESCOGroup dot com, username SB

    Note: you may also want to know that you should never send mail to:
    blacklist-my-ip@admins.ws
    info@dautrap.uceprotect.net
    listme@sorbs.net
    spamtrap@sandes.dk
    spamtrap@stop.mail-abuse.org
    spamtrap@frankenbiker.de
    spamtrap@blars.org

    In article <1110385103.250832.3230@g14g2000cwa.googlegroups.com>,
    in2sheep@yahoo.com wrote:

    > Jack Zwick wrote:
    > > In article <1110381125.590947.285510@z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com>,
    > > in2sheep@yahoo.com wrote:

    > DirecTivo's
    > > > are going to

    > I've
    > > > different?
    > > >
    > > > Mainly just folder support:
    > > > http://www.directv.com/see/landing/dvr_upgrade.html
    > >
    > > So what's it offer that using 4.01b doesn't ?
    >

    > Official support? The ability to get folders without having to hack
    > your box at all (i.e., not void your warranty)?

    But I have folders, and HMO on 4.01b

    Warranty? on a 2 1/2 year old box??

    I wonder if Sleeper works on 6.2? I'll have to throw an old drive on my
    box update it to 6.2, and then try I guess. Maybe next month.

    Too bad DirecTv STILL won't give us HMO.

    In <jzwick3-39FA3F.10394109032005@news1.west.earthlink.net> Jack Zwick
    wrote:

    <snip>

    > But I have folders, and HMO on 4.01b

    And much, much more if you want to. 4.01b has way more features, and we
    get the satisfaction of knowing that we are in control of the machines,
    and our machines don't report to 'The Powers That Be' and let them know
    what we are watching, etc. Pre-4.01b DTV boxen are like your bio-fused
    link into the matrix. You are being used and duped at the same time. And
    you are paying them $5 extra per month.

    > Warranty? on a 2 1/2 year old box??

    Exactly.

    > I wonder if Sleeper works on 6.2? I'll have to throw an old drive on
    > my box update it to 6.2, and then try I guess. Maybe next month.

    It may work, dealsdatabase will have the answer by next month.

    > Too bad DirecTv STILL won't give us HMO.

    What difference would it make? If you've got 4.01b, then you've got it.

    In article <20050309090736382-0800@news.myhome.net>,
    Jeff Ramsey <ramsejc@spam-me-and-die.tubafor.com> wrote:

    > In <jzwick3-39FA3F.10394109032005@news1.west.earthlink.net> Jack Zwick
    > wrote:
    >
    > <snip>
    >
    > > But I have folders, and HMO on 4.01b
    >
    > And much, much more if you want to. 4.01b has way more features, and we
    > get the satisfaction of knowing that we are in control of the machines,
    > and our machines don't report to 'The Powers That Be' and let them know
    > what we are watching, etc. Pre-4.01b DTV boxen are like your bio-fused
    > link into the matrix. You are being used and duped at the same time. And
    > you are paying them $5 extra per month.
    >
    > > Warranty? on a 2 1/2 year old box??
    >
    > Exactly.
    >

    > > I wonder if Sleeper works on 6.2? I'll have to throw an old drive on
    > > my box update it to 6.2, and then try I guess. Maybe next month.
    >
    > It may work, dealsdatabase will have the answer by next month.
    >
    > > Too bad DirecTv STILL won't give us HMO.
    >
    > What difference would it make? If you've got 4.01b, then you've got it.

    Anything missing from
    http://www.dellanave.com/projects/tivo/usb20net.html

    for when I go to USB 2.0 that I had with the sleepered 3.11e ?

    In article <422f0ad9$1_1@x-privat.org>, "BerkHolz, Steven" <spamtrap@Astrumtech.com> wrote:
    >I do not have the URL handy, but we are supposed to be getting 6.2 with
    >faster guide and foldered now playing list.
    >It was supposed to start in Feb.
    >Dealadatabase.com forums have some people saying that they have received it.
    >To control tech support costs, they are only updating a set number of boxes
    >at a time.

    Thanks, i'll sit back and wait.

    On Wed, 09 Mar 2005 17:47:46 GMT, glenzabr@nospamallowed.xmission.com
    (GMAN) wrote:

    >In article <422f0ad9$1_1@x-privat.org>, "BerkHolz, Steven" <spamtrap@Astrumtech.com> wrote:
    >>I do not have the URL handy, but we are supposed to be getting 6.2 with
    >>faster guide and foldered now playing list.
    >>It was supposed to start in Feb.
    >>Dealadatabase.com forums have some people saying that they have received it.
    >>To control tech support costs, they are only updating a set number of boxes
    >>at a time.
    >>
    >Thanks, i'll sit back and wait.

    Make sure you are not holding your breath.

    Sean

    In article <u0ku21dt64594om424st01gb1ra3ibpko8@4ax.com>, Sean <none> wrote:
    >On Wed, 09 Mar 2005 17:47:46 GMT, glenzabr@nospamallowed.xmission.com
    >(GMAN) wrote:
    >
    >>In article <422f0ad9$1_1@x-privat.org>, "BerkHolz, Steven"
    > <spamtrap@Astrumtech.com> wrote:
    >>>I do not have the URL handy, but we are supposed to be getting 6.2 with
    >>>faster guide and foldered now playing list.
    >>>It was supposed to start in Feb.
    >>>Dealadatabase.com forums have some people saying that they have received it.
    >>>To control tech support costs, they are only updating a set number of boxes
    >>>at a time.
    >>>
    >>Thanks, i'll sit back and wait.
    >

    >Make sure you are not holding your breath.
    >
    >Sean
    Like you do when you are servicing your boyfriend?

    GMAN wrote:
    > Anyone know for sure when the update for the seires2 DirecTivo's are going to
    > begin?
    Hi all -

    How does one know what version is installed now? I take it there is a
    page to display version#.

    PS-what is HMO?

    Newbie

    On Thu, 10 Mar 2005 08:49:32 GMT, glenzabr@nospam.xmission.com (GMAN)
    wrote:

    >In article <u0ku21dt64594om424st01gb1ra3ibpko8@4ax.com>, Sean <none> wrote:
    >>On Wed, 09 Mar 2005 17:47:46 GMT, glenzabr@nospamallowed.xmission.com
    >>(GMAN) wrote:

    >>>Thanks, i'll sit back and wait.
    >>

    >>Make sure you are not holding your breath.
    >>
    >>Sean
    >Like you do when you are servicing your boyfriend?

    A heteronormative homophobe checks in.

    How was last weeks KKK meeting?

    Sean

    Ken <kenflap@hotmail.com> writes:
    > How does one know what version is installed now? I take it there is a
    > page to display version#.

    It's on the setup page. Unless you have an R10, you are probably
    running 3.1.1e

    > PS-what is HMO?

    Home Media Option, which allow standalone Tivo units to share their
    stored video over home networks

    --
    Richard W Kaszeta
    rich@kaszeta.org

    On 3/10/05 10:36 AM, in article y6x4qfjwdoi.fsf@pomme.me.umn.edu, "Richard
    Kaszeta" <rich@kaszeta.org> wrote:

    > Home Media Option, which allow standalone Tivo units to share their
    > stored video over home networks

    I thought HMO was Home Media Option, which allows you to view your digital
    photos and listen to your digital music on your TiVo via 'TiVo Desktop'.

    AFAIK, MRV or Multi-Room Viewing allows your TiVo to share it's stored video
    over IP.

    DISCLAMER: I'm definitely a newbie, and I'm not made of glass, so if I'm
    willing to accept that I am wrong, I am just trying to clarify, because I've
    been told two different meanings for HMO and MRV.
    Sent using the Microsoft Entourage 2004 for Mac Test Drive.

    "Jeff Ramsey" <ramsejc@tubafor.com> wrote in message news:BE55E8E0.D8E%ramsejc@tubafor.com...
    > On 3/10/05 10:36 AM, in article y6x4qfjwdoi.fsf@pomme.me.umn.edu, "Richard
    > Kaszeta" <rich@kaszeta.org> wrote:
    >
    > > Home Media Option, which allow standalone Tivo units to share their
    > > stored video over home networks
    >
    > I thought HMO was Home Media Option, which allows you to view your digital
    > photos and listen to your digital music on your TiVo via 'TiVo Desktop'.
    >
    > AFAIK, MRV or Multi-Room Viewing allows your TiVo to share it's stored video
    > over IP.

    When originally announced Home Media Option included various features at extra cost.
    Home Media Option was renamed Home Media features soon after HMO became available
    at no extra cost for all Series2 TiVo recorders.

    Look here to see what is included in Home Media features:
    http://www.tivo.com/4.9.1.1.asp

    Note that "TiVo Desktop" is a separate product.

    They told me they started in Fed. they do everybody at onetime because it
    would slow down the systems with as many subsribers as they have.

    "Sean" <none> wrote in message
    > On Thu, 10 Mar 2005 08:49:32 GMT, glenzabr@nospam.xmission.com (GMAN)
    > wrote:
    >
    >>In article <u0ku21dt64594om424st01gb1ra3ibpko8@4ax.com>, Sean <none>
    >>wrote:

    >>>Make sure you are not holding your breath.
    >>>
    >>>Sean
    >>Like you do when you are servicing your boyfriend?
    >
    > A heteronormative homophobe checks in.
    >
    > How was last weeks KKK meeting?
    >
    > Sean

    I got this reply from DirecTV today:

    Thank you for writing. We apologize for any inconvenience. DVR 6.2 software
    upgrade in your area starts approximately Apr 7, 2005.

    Ref: I am in Michigan Eastern Time Zone.

    --

    In article <42358cbe_5@x-privat.org>, "BerkHolz, Steven" <spamtrap@Astrumtech.com> wrote:
    >I got this reply from DirecTV today:
    >
    >Thank you for writing. We apologize for any inconvenience. DVR 6.2 software
    >upgrade in your area starts approximately Apr 7, 2005.
    >
    >Ref: I am in Michigan Eastern Time Zone.

    thank you!!!

Tivo Video Home Theatre