Graphic card

samarthh

Distinguished
Jul 31, 2009
hey guys,
im in a dilemma in choosing the right graphic card for my machine. budget is around 7k.
i got a core 2 quad @2.5ghz
intel dg33tl motherboard,
19" LCD which gives 1440 by 900 resolution
i've heard the the ati radeon's hd 4770 is one of the best mid range cards. having this in mind which are the other cards which i can look upon which competes with the one i mentioned above?
please help me out soon..
also is there any other make which is as good as XFX make.. cant wait to get one.. !! :)

Solution
Hi welcome to the forum,
The 4770 is a very good card for that resolution. You don't state a power supply but the card is very good power wise.
Don't know what you are looking to play but other obvious things i should mention are that your CPU will probably Overclock to 3.0ghz quite easily and that the 4770 is a beast of an Overclocker itself if you fancy trying that kind of thing.
The 4850 is a slightly faster card at stock clocks and between the two it would come down to price as to which one i got. On the Nvidia side of things it would be a GTX250 which i believe from what i have read is similar to the 4770 or a GTX260 which is that bit better.
Consider how long you plan this card to last you also and again depending on the...
Hi welcome to the forum,
The 4770 is a very good card for that resolution. You don't state a power supply but the card is very good power wise.
Don't know what you are looking to play but other obvious things i should mention are that your CPU will probably Overclock to 3.0ghz quite easily and that the 4770 is a beast of an Overclocker itself if you fancy trying that kind of thing.
The 4850 is a slightly faster card at stock clocks and between the two it would come down to price as to which one i got. On the Nvidia side of things it would be a GTX250 which i believe from what i have read is similar to the 4770 or a GTX260 which is that bit better.
Consider how long you plan this card to last you also and again depending on the Power supply getting a 4780 or 260 may be the better option if its to last a long while.

make wise i would just go with what gives you the best package, guarantee bundle etc.

Mactronix

Solution