Windows 7 Task Manager not showing Apps running; no menu button to shu

Status
Not open for further replies.

logamuthu

Distinguished
Jul 6, 2010
Windows 7 Premium 64 bit's Task Manager used to show a bar with Applications/Processes etc., with lists below making it possible to

"end-now" some apps and stop some processes at least for a while to save on CPU/Memory usage. There was also provision by a menu

bar at the top of Task Manager window to shut down pc etc., from within the task manager.

Presently my Windows 7 Premium 64 bit's Task Manager shows only what looks like a list of processes (Not Applications) topped by a

head-bar having Name/PID/Description/Status/Group and a selectable button at the bottom right for Services.(I could have uploaded a

screen if this Ask Your Question Form had provided for attachments!).

I suspect this change in Task Manager came after some new installs - Windows Updates etc.,

I want to get back my Task Manager with all provisions and flavours as before.

Plsss... help!

Solution
You've got the headers hidden. Double click in the white border to the left of the thin line that outlines the data. You'll get your headers and menu back.
G

I believe you have a corrupt profile. Add a new user in control panel with admin rights, log off, log on to new account and test. If it works move all you need to and delete old account. Good luck

Wow, that's interesting - I didn't know you could do that! It works really nicely for the graph tabs. Thanks for the tip!

G

I didn't know that either! Thanks for the tip. I do not know how many machines I fixed creating new profiles. That works as well, but the labor involved...

logamuthu

Distinguished
Jul 6, 2010

Bravo And Googolplex Thanx to jtt283! Your tip worked, Hip Hip Hooray!

logamuthu

Status
Not open for further replies.