5 1 speakers on HDMI pc connection

I have an ECS a780gm-a mother Board that supports 5.1 audio
But im using HDMI connection from my Radeon HD 4670 Video card.

Would the audio from the motherboard still work if i hook up speakers to it? since the audio is coming from the video card i was wondering if this might cause problems.
5 answers Last reply
More about speakers hdmi connection
  1. You'll have to enable the onboard audio of your motherboard at least, through the BIOS. Who made the audio source your video card?
  2. Yes, the Video card is supplying the HDMI connection with Audio.

I'll go and test it out, will post back on the result.
  3. The audio goes to the selected PLAYBACK HARDWARE on the sound option at the control panel. If you select ATI-HDMI audio, the sound goes to the 4670/HDMI. If you select the on-board audio to sound will come out from teh 4670.

Specific Example:

I have CF 4890 and Sound Blaster XFI Fatality Audio card. If i want my audio to go the my TV through the HDMI port i select the ATI-HDMI as the playback hardware. This is done on the sound option of the control panel.

If i want the sound to go to my receiver i select SPEAKERs on the SOUND OPTION at the control panel.

To summarize, both audio hardware (on board and 4650) will work. The audio/sound will go to the one that you select at the SOUND OPTION of the control panel.
  4. Correction:

The audio goes to the selected PLAYBACK HARDWARE on the sound option at the control panel. If you select ATI-HDMI audio, the sound goes to the 4670/HDMI. If you select the on-board audio (i.e. SPEAKERS)to sound will come out from the motherboard audio(not 4650).
  5. @len2006

Thanks so much, I tinkered around with the settings on the software that came with my motherbard and i was able to configure it to play sounds from the motherboard.

I really appreciate the help. Thanks
Ask a new question

Read More

Elitegroup Motherboards Speakers Graphics Cards Connection HDMI