university funds

Hi folks...
Why is it that you can't bring the funds a sim has earned in university
on through to "real-life"? I had a male sim do particularly well in school
and had over 13k when he graduated. When he went back to Pleasantville he ,
in my opinion, should have added that total to the 20k base....sigh

Rick Lavigne wrote:

> Hi folks...
> Why is it that you can't bring the funds a sim has earned in university
> on through to "real-life"? I had a male sim do particularly well in school
> and had over 13k when he graduated. When he went back to Pleasantville he ,
> in my opinion, should have added that total to the 20k base....sigh

I totally agree! I always cheat with 'kaching' to get them
back up to approximately where they were when they left college.
I think it's only fair.

Laura

On Sun, 12 Jun 2005 08:24:31 -0400, "Rick Lavigne"
<rickwl@hotmail.com> wrote:

>Hi folks...
> Why is it that you can't bring the funds a sim has earned in university
>on through to "real-life"? I had a male sim do particularly well in school
>and had over 13k when he graduated. When he went back to Pleasantville he ,
>in my opinion, should have added that total to the 20k base....sigh

Well, he *earned* 7k then, didn't he? :p

There is a cheat to bring cash you make with you and stuff... but it
also eliminates the 20k free throughout the game *lol*

I'd do like Laura suggests and cheat.

I generally spend all the money on improving the dorms, and whatever
is left, I put in in art and sculptures before my sim leaves, so the
next group of students can sell them and buy stuff.

"Guardian Pegasus"
<Pope.Been-a-Dick.Adolf.Panzer.Rat.Nazinger.Torquemada.II@holysee.va> wrote
in message news:2hkoa1h9p8v7pkid2i6i7qt52olo0gni5r@4ax.com...
> On Sun, 12 Jun 2005 08:24:31 -0400, "Rick Lavigne"
> <rickwl@hotmail.com> wrote:
>
>>Hi folks...
>> Why is it that you can't bring the funds a sim has earned in
>> university
>>on through to "real-life"? I had a male sim do particularly well in
>>school
>>and had over 13k when he graduated. When he went back to Pleasantville he
>>,
>>in my opinion, should have added that total to the 20k base....sigh
>
> Well, he *earned* 7k then, didn't he? :p
>
> There is a cheat to bring cash you make with you and stuff... but it
> also eliminates the 20k free throughout the game *lol*
>
> I'd do like Laura suggests and cheat.
>
> I generally spend all the money on improving the dorms, and whatever
> is left, I put in in art and sculptures before my sim leaves, so the
> next group of students can sell them and buy stuff.

That's a good idea! I usually spin some tale about a parent having a secret
college fund. 8(
Well it soothes my concience.

Granny.

I have a mod that means they don't even get the 20K. They get a percentage
of the household budget, and lump it. I don't know if they get to keep their
Uni money by this method (I haven't graduated anyone since I installed it)
but I think that that would be the case. It is a Pescado mod from
Variousimmers.

--
Morituri Nolumus Mori - Rincewind, The Last Hero, Terry Pratchett

MM

"Rick Lavigne" <rickwl@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi folks...
> Why is it that you can't bring the funds a sim has earned in
university
> on through to "real-life"? I had a male sim do particularly well in
school
> and had over 13k when he graduated. When he went back to Pleasantville he
,
> in my opinion, should have added that total to the 20k base....sigh

On Mon, 13 Jun 2005 00:43:48 GMT, "Madame Mim"
<mad.mim@S.P.A.M.bigpond.net.au> wrote:

>I have a mod that means they don't even get the 20K. They get a percentage
>of the household budget, and lump it. I don't know if they get to keep their
>Uni money by this method (I haven't graduated anyone since I installed it)
>but I think that that would be the case. It is a Pescado mod from
>Variousimmers.

They do. But of course, then they don't the 20k, so it's a bad deal.

But more realistic. I have a group of Pleasantview ancestors who banded
together to build a good house when they moved into the neighbourhood. Now
they are madly saving to move out into their own houses.

--

in message news:tfrpa1tec2v5199nd3rk5enqkpps9rt593@4ax.com...