university funds

Hi folks...
Why is it that you can't bring the funds a sim has earned in university
on through to "real-life"? I had a male sim do particularly well in school
and had over 13k when he graduated. When he went back to Pleasantville he ,
in my opinion, should have added that total to the 20k base....sigh
6 answers Last reply
More about university funds

    Rick Lavigne wrote:

    > Hi folks...
    > Why is it that you can't bring the funds a sim has earned in university
    > on through to "real-life"? I had a male sim do particularly well in school
    > and had over 13k when he graduated. When he went back to Pleasantville he ,
    > in my opinion, should have added that total to the 20k base....sigh

    I totally agree! I always cheat with 'kaching' to get them
    back up to approximately where they were when they left college.
    I think it's only fair.

    Laura

    On Sun, 12 Jun 2005 08:24:31 -0400, "Rick Lavigne"
    <rickwl@hotmail.com> wrote:

    >Hi folks...
    > Why is it that you can't bring the funds a sim has earned in university
    >on through to "real-life"? I had a male sim do particularly well in school
    >and had over 13k when he graduated. When he went back to Pleasantville he ,
    >in my opinion, should have added that total to the 20k base....sigh

    Well, he *earned* 7k then, didn't he? :-p

    There is a cheat to bring cash you make with you and stuff... but it
    also eliminates the 20k free throughout the game *lol*

    I'd do like Laura suggests and cheat.

    I generally spend all the money on improving the dorms, and whatever
    is left, I put in in art and sculptures before my sim leaves, so the
    next group of students can sell them and buy stuff.

    "Guardian Pegasus"
    <Pope.Been-a-Dick.Adolf.Panzer.Rat.Nazinger.Torquemada.II@holysee.va> wrote
    in message news:2hkoa1h9p8v7pkid2i6i7qt52olo0gni5r@4ax.com...
    > On Sun, 12 Jun 2005 08:24:31 -0400, "Rick Lavigne"
    > <rickwl@hotmail.com> wrote:
    >
    >>Hi folks...
    >> Why is it that you can't bring the funds a sim has earned in
    >> university
    >>on through to "real-life"? I had a male sim do particularly well in
    >>school
    >>and had over 13k when he graduated. When he went back to Pleasantville he
    >>,
    >>in my opinion, should have added that total to the 20k base....sigh
    >
    > Well, he *earned* 7k then, didn't he? :-p
    >
    > There is a cheat to bring cash you make with you and stuff... but it
    > also eliminates the 20k free throughout the game *lol*
    >
    > I'd do like Laura suggests and cheat.
    >
    > I generally spend all the money on improving the dorms, and whatever
    > is left, I put in in art and sculptures before my sim leaves, so the
    > next group of students can sell them and buy stuff.

    That's a good idea! I usually spin some tale about a parent having a secret
    college fund. 8(
    Well it soothes my concience.

    Granny.

    I have a mod that means they don't even get the 20K. They get a percentage
    of the household budget, and lump it. I don't know if they get to keep their
    Uni money by this method (I haven't graduated anyone since I installed it)
    but I think that that would be the case. It is a Pescado mod from
    Variousimmers.

    --
    Morituri Nolumus Mori - Rincewind, The Last Hero, Terry Pratchett

    MM

    "Rick Lavigne" <rickwl@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > Hi folks...
    > Why is it that you can't bring the funds a sim has earned in
    university
    > on through to "real-life"? I had a male sim do particularly well in
    school
    > and had over 13k when he graduated. When he went back to Pleasantville he
    ,
    > in my opinion, should have added that total to the 20k base....sigh

    On Mon, 13 Jun 2005 00:43:48 GMT, "Madame Mim"
    <mad.mim@S.P.A.M.bigpond.net.au> wrote:

    >I have a mod that means they don't even get the 20K. They get a percentage
    >of the household budget, and lump it. I don't know if they get to keep their
    >Uni money by this method (I haven't graduated anyone since I installed it)
    >but I think that that would be the case. It is a Pescado mod from
    >Variousimmers.

    They do. But of course, then they don't the 20k, so it's a bad deal.

    But more realistic. I have a group of Pleasantview ancestors who banded
    together to build a good house when they moved into the neighbourhood. Now
    they are madly saving to move out into their own houses.

    --

    in message news:tfrpa1tec2v5199nd3rk5enqkpps9rt593@4ax.com...
    > On Mon, 13 Jun 2005 00:43:48 GMT, "Madame Mim"
    > <mad.mim@S.P.A.M.bigpond.net.au> wrote:
    >
    > >I have a mod that means they don't even get the 20K. They get a
    percentage
    > >of the household budget, and lump it. I don't know if they get to keep
    their
    > >Uni money by this method (I haven't graduated anyone since I installed
    it)
    > >but I think that that would be the case. It is a Pescado mod from
    > >Variousimmers.
    >
    > They do. But of course, then they don't the 20k, so it's a bad deal.

Sims Games Video Games