Replacing HD in Sony VAIO PCG-SR7K

Last response: in Laptops & Notebooks
a b D Laptop
April 24, 2004 6:28:51 PM

I want to replace 12 Gb HD in my laptop Sony VAIO PCG-SR7K - I see
there are plenty 20-40Gb drives that will fit. Anyone did it before?
Which disk should I choose? Is power consumend by HD signifant is
searching for disk?
Any suggestion will be welcomed.

Thanks,

Zalek
Anonymous
a b D Laptop
April 25, 2004 4:25:20 PM

zalekbloom@hotmail.com wrote:
> I want to replace 12 Gb HD in my laptop Sony VAIO PCG-SR7K - I see
> there are plenty 20-40Gb drives that will fit. Anyone did it before?
> Which disk should I choose? Is power consumend by HD signifant is
> searching for disk?

The higher the power use, the lower battery life.
For a 55Wh battery pack, if it normally lasts 3 hours, that's a power
draw of 55Wh/3h = 18W.
If you add on another watt by increasing the hard disk power, and take
it up to 19W, you lose about 15min of battery life.
(for intermittent drive access, if the machine is doing constant
drive access at full rate, then it may get more work done if the drive
is faster).

Make sure that the drive will physically fit.
Height is the important factor here.
!