Hacking a 4.01b DirecTv TiVo to do USB 2.0

Last response: in Home Theatre
March 10, 2005 1:46:06 AM

Anything missing from
http://www.dellanave.com/projects/tivo/usb20net.html

for when I go to USB 2.0 that I had with the sleepered 3.11e ?
Anonymous
March 10, 2005 1:46:07 AM

The procedure is right, at least for 4.x.

I believe Sleeper's usb drivers were kind of messed up, though. I'm
not sure how these drivers will work with the rest of the sleeper
setup.

(looking around DDB)

It appears there are other 4.x network modules in /lib/modules in 4.x.
I'm not sure how sleeper handled the whole networking thing, so I would
say tar up /lib/modules first. That way if everything goes wrong you
can always pop the drive into your pc, delete /lib/modules, and cpio
the original back.
!