DonnieDarko

Distinguished
Mar 25, 2004
For some reason after i hooked up my wireless-g router (dlink di-624) the internet going to the wired pc seems unstable, games are going from good ping to bad, jumping back a forth, I don't get it. Can anyone help me out?

blah

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Wow, dude, your is bad situatione. I guess for some reason Internet is not compatible with your router, you have to get updated driver for your Internet or the router. One of them should fix the problem.

Don't forget to check on wires heat problem, they usually drop in current throghput with heat increase, or maybe they are too thik and lots of current gets lost while traveling within the coper. And the internet itself sometimes going too slow through the wires as it is too thik for ANY whire out there, so you might check on how to make the internet a little bit thinner so it can fit into wires going to wired pc. BTW, did you check if internet pings ok (I mean stable pinging speed), what does your "ping internet" command show? Is it avarage? Did you try do a "ping www" command? Sometimes it helps a lot.

Anyway, have to go while my di-624 still lets internet in and they did not start to fight over the air waves going to my laptop, caz internet gets really apset in that case and starts to give me bad ping back and forth.

..this is very useful and helpful place for information...

blah

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
You are very rude person. I was helping you to resolve your bad situation with internet and you are sweating at me. You no good, and I will no help you no more.

I am very mature, because I can see Internet now. All peepel that can see Internet through their PC are considered big enough to be called mature. You on the other hand is no mature, because you don't know how to see internet and even can not ping it in the proper way. Heck, I even know that Program that lets me see the Internet is called Microsoft Internet Explorer, and you are telling me that I is no mature? You'r very rude and immature person, you grow up yourself.

kwebb

Distinguished
Oct 6, 2001
Don't pay to much attention to blah. He's the resident forum troll. What kind of fluctuation are you experiencing. Is this ping info from within a game or from a command prompt? If in a game what happens when you do a continous ping to a website. Open a prompt and ping www.yahoo.com or something with -t switch. That will continue to ping until you use ctrl c to stop it.

CCNA, MCSE, A+, Cisco Certified Wireless Field Engineer

blah

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
All I can say is that you belong to the Field, Engineer. Farm is your destiny. Why would normal person want to ping somthing with the -t switch? Peepel (smart peepel, not like me) told me when I was a little smaller "if it is brocken you won't fix it by staring at it" (longer in this case)

kwebb

Distinguished
Oct 6, 2001
Well blah, the t switch will allow you to see if there is a fault at some point in the echo. I imagine I could elaborate a little but my guess is you'd still have trouble with it. You don't see very bright in regards to troubleshooting. Judging from most of your banter your proabably much too young to have had a whole lot of experience though so I guess it's understandable.

blah

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
:)

You are stubborn dude (good for the farming), have to give you that.

PS: lol, if ping with -t is not pinging all you gonna see in echo is "Unknown host .." or "Request timed out" (or someting like det) for a veeeeeeerrrrryyyyyy looooooong time.

kwebb

Distinguished
Oct 6, 2001
And I guess your just dim or just not paying attention. He is getting inconsistent pings, not time outs or unknown hosts responses. What I asked him to do is a continuous ping to see how often, if at all, a dos ping will show that inconsistency. Not that I expect you to digest that and that is the last I'll say on it. Troll at will. I'm taking the hook out.