How to repair broken cd drive

Hello,my cd drive got broken somehow,it contain a small crack. i have tried using it but my laptop is not reading it. is there any way to repair it? it was precious 4 me!
3 answers Last reply
More about repair broken drive
  1. Sorry that your cd drive is broke,but your only alternative is to replace the cd drive,they are usually not repairable because its probably cheaper to just get a new drive,you shouldnt have to much trouble putting the new drive in,so start looking for a replacement drive.................
  2. teaser said:
    Sorry that your cd drive is broke,but your only alternative is to replace the cd drive,they are usually not repairable because its probably cheaper to just get a new drive,you shouldnt have to much trouble putting the new drive in,so start looking for a replacement drive.................

is that mean...the content of cd is lost?? :(
  3. Which is cracked: The CD (the round silvery thing) or the CD drive (the thing in your computer that you put the CDs into)? A cracked CD drive can be replaced, and then all of your CDs can be read with the new drive. A cracked CD is harder to recover from.
Ask a new question

Read More

DVD Drives Laptops CD Drives Storage