Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Best water cooling parts?

Last response: in Overclocking
July 29, 2011 2:18:34 AM

I know a lot of these threads come along but i do also know each rig and setup depending on interal parts counts and changes the cooling rigs too.

Intel Core i7-960
GeForce GTX 560 TI (2)
Asus Rampage III LGA 1366 Intel X58

this is the basics of what im trying to cool and I am trying to go custom with this so even if its mix and match parts for best so be it. needless to say im building for another person and only stipulation they give is purple lol but over all just tryign to find a reliable, low maintenance but still high end water cooling system to build.

any suggestions?

More about : water cooling parts

a c 286 K Overclocking
July 29, 2011 2:52:26 AM

Hi and welcome to Tom's forum.

What's your budget?
m
l
July 29, 2011 5:48:40 AM

well honestly i started out with the idea of Thermaltake VH600LBWS Chassis w/ integrated liquid cooling system for $400 before hearing out other techies that building part separately even from different companies is best way of going for best performance but i guess max maybe like $600 ish for cooling and case unit if i was to separate but still open for suggestion without going TOO nuts.
m
l
Related resources

Best solution

a c 286 K Overclocking
July 29, 2011 1:22:17 PM

1- EK Waterblocks for CPU and GPU blocks, not full nickel since have some problems now.
2- For pump, swiftech MCP655 or MCP355 are very solid
3- For tubingm I use PrimoChill that's very good for the price
4- Swiftech are very good and cheap, but XPSC RX series, PrimoChill and Danger Den are better. Keep in mind that with danger den you need high CFM fans, so, the noise is much higher
5- Compression fittings and barbs from Bitspower are excellent
6- You don't need TIM since the CPU and GPU blocks comes with it, but if you want add one, the TX-3 or MX-3 are excellent, maybe OCZ Freezer if you can.
7- The reservoir, XPSC have a reservoir where you can install the pump (655 or 355) without problems and are cheap.
July 30, 2011 12:16:02 AM

ok ill look into these for what would be good to use and so thanks.
m
l
July 30, 2011 2:51:10 AM

in reference to all this o the list how much power consumption does it need? like if my computer was calculated to need about a 800-900ish watt power supply would i only need up to 1000? or like a 1200?
m
l
August 1, 2011 12:50:21 AM

i went to EK's site and looks for the blocks and saw a lot any you recommend? I saw a lot of nickel and copper ones but you said not FULL nickel and didn't really know if they specified that on their site or if you ment not to get nickel at all. Also didn't really see measurements for some of the fittings and tubing so wasn't quite sure about those and such. As I said I'm new to building water cool mainly build fans so hard for me to just decide on what to buy and what not to XP

saint19 said:
1- EK Waterblocks for CPU and GPU blocks, not full nickel since have some problems now.
2- For pump, swiftech MCP655 or MCP355 are very solid
3- For tubingm I use PrimoChill that's very good for the price
4- Swiftech are very good and cheap, but XPSC RX series, PrimoChill and Danger Den are better. Keep in mind that with danger den you need high CFM fans, so, the noise is much higher
5- Compression fittings and barbs from Bitspower are excellent
6- You don't need TIM since the CPU and GPU blocks comes with it, but if you want add one, the TX-3 or MX-3 are excellent, maybe OCZ Freezer if you can.
7- The reservoir, XPSC have a reservoir where you can install the pump (655 or 355) without problems and are cheap.
m
l
a c 286 K Overclocking
August 1, 2011 3:28:43 PM

1- Acetal + nickell is fine.
2- Full cover block for the GPU, if you go with th universal block, you will need add heatsink to the VRAMs.
3- For fittings and tubing size, I use 1/2" ID x 3/4" OD, you can use the same
4- Not much power, max 10W or 20W since only the pump and fans use power.
m
l
August 11, 2011 2:16:46 AM

Best answer selected by Kiza7777.
m
l
!