Sony Vaio PCG-FX103(UK) Windows XP / Fan Control problems?

Last response: in Laptops & Notebooks
a b D Laptop
April 25, 2004 2:40:45 AM

Hello Group,

Has anyone seen this behaviour from the Sony PCG-FX1xx machines
before?

I've Upgraded the BIOS, and downloaded all the upgraded control
programs for my vaio from www.vaio-link.com

I'm still having problems with the sony. When it's been running for
about 1-2 hours it just shuts itself down without any warning, and
when I try to power it up again it alternately blinks the Power/batts
and the Lock lights, i.e. first the Power and the 2 batt lights light
up (1/2 second), then the go dead and the Caps, Scroll and FN lights
come on for the same time.

ie. [o o o H . . .] to [. . . H o o o] (the light in the middle (H)
is the HD light)
if I press the standby button only the later 3 lights blink (. . . H o
o o)

I noticed that when the machine was running (with the panel and
keyboard out of the way) that the fan _never_ turned on except for 4
seconds at first powerup.

Is it possible that I am missing some sony apm drivers that control
the fan on Windows XP? I never had this problem on W2k.

if you have an answer please reply to my private email as well as the
group.

Thanks in advance,

Joshua[FLat]Pentagon[d0t]ms
January 1, 2012 12:10:20 AM

HI. I was wondering what caused this problem. Some years on, I have the exact same problem.

Any update appreciated.

Thanks!

Quote:

!