RE install os problem

rajkamaltla

Distinguished
Dec 19, 2011
Hello,my PC is a P3 system and it has a USB key board.The key board is detected only after the boot process is over.so i cannot re install any os in my system.so what can i do for reinstall OS in my PC?

Got any system specs ?
If that system is as old as I think it is, you should junk it ! :lol:
Don't have port for standard KB connection ?

My bet is that it's got the huge round plug (pre-PS2) and nobody sells them anymore... most places don't know that it ever existed. Weren't they called an "AT" keyboard?? On the bright side, I think a exhaustive search might turn up an adapter so a PS2 kbd can be used.

rajkamaltla

Distinguished
Dec 19, 2011
Yes there is a port for standard KB connection But that is not working properly
that is why i bought USB Keyboard.After that i could not enter into the BIOS of
my computer and i could not reinstall any OS.So what will i do for reinstall Os?please help me

I don't have a DOS mouse driver handy right at the moment, but you need one and it needs to launch from an autoexec.bat file to load it automatically since you don't have a keyboard until it loads.
You can try CuteMouse by downloading it from
HERE.

Your troubles will not be over yet with that. You'll need your floppy drive (or bootable CD ROM) to have CD ROM support as well. You will need a small FAT32 partition (900MB) for Setup to copy install files to for installing Windows or whatever OS you plan on installing. This small partition should not be the first partition of the drive or Windows will install using a drive letter other than C.

Someone may supply instructions on how to slipstream the mouse driver into a new OS CD image that will actually boot and run on a single NTFS partition and you'll have your drive C hold Windows automatically.

Broken hardware is a bummer, lots more work.