Help overclocking i5 650

nacho222

Distinguished
Jul 28, 2011
Hello,
i been searching for a while now, a guide on how to oc a processor but, to be honest, i didn't understand much and i'm a little scared also, wat if i ruined my processor?
i was wondering if someone cuold give me a quick guide on how to oc an i5 650, like wat steps to follow, which program to use. thanks

Solution

What on Earth are you talking about? :eek:

To the OP, this article will tell you everything you need to know about OCing your CPU. Best of luck!

MrBig55

Distinguished
Jun 27, 2011
These processors can't be overclocked since their multipliers are locked. You can just modify the BLCK clocks but that will overclock you HDD as well, and this is NOT RECOMMENDED. Anyways you won't get more than a hundred mhz by upping it. But you WILL experience HDD crashes, slowdowns and freezes if you overclock the BLCK too far. Don't touch voltages as it will serve nothing.

calmstateofmind

Distinguished

What on Earth are you talking about? :eek:

To the OP, this article will tell you everything you need to know about OCing your CPU. Best of luck!

Solution

nacho222

Distinguished
Jul 28, 2011
Thanks calmstateofmind i started reading it, and if i get to convince one of my friends who has more idea about this than me, i'll try it and tell you how it went.

calmstateofmind

Distinguished

Not a problem. I know it looks like a lot to take in, but the first half of the article just explains what constitutes OCing, with a small portion actually addressing how to manipulate those settings. The best way to learn is through experience, so go ahead and give it a shot! Just make sure to change settings in small increments. That way, you'll know when one setting needs to be increased, or another decreased in respect, without frying your CPU.

And yeah, let us know how it goes for sure. :)

Feb 27, 2018

Do you have any idea what your even talking about? a hundred mhz?? what on earth are you talking about! guys you can overclock if you want don't this guy has not a clue what he is even talking about.. and this CPU has the ability just like the other i series ...wow what a joke