Another Fan Orientation question

Tacobeam87

Distinguished
Jul 28, 2011
I know this is asked a lot, and have read up on it a bunch but i want your opinions.
I'm in the process of building my computer and don't know how i want to place the fans.
Heres some pics of what ive done so far.
1-4.jpg

The 2 fans on the top suck air in, the 2 fans on the heatsink and the one on the rear all blow out.

2-1.jpg

Closer photo of the 2nd fan and the read fan of the comp, both exhausting. Is this stupid? or should i just run the front fan on the heatsink?

3.jpg

Fan and PSU on the bottom. The fan is exhausting out the bottom so it doesnt pull in *** off the floor.

photo4.jpg

Side case fan sucking air into the comp. Couldn't fit 2 due to the heatsink size lol.
Also there can be another small one on the other side of the case is that pointless?

Plus i have another fan on the very front sucking air into the comp.

Thoughts? opinions? please speak up, this is my first time building a comp so its all new to me.
I think this should work great but if its just being wasted or going to create some kind of wierd airflow problems i want to know.
Thanks in advance
Travis.

Solution
Damn thats alot of fans....I would go with the bottom as intake....the top two exhaust...HSF just the way it is...side fan intake...back exhaust...HEAT RISES...The cool intake air from the bottom side will allow for lower case temps....BTW...Do you have front intakes on your case...If so, make that one an intake

lowjack989

Distinguished
Oct 30, 2009
Damn thats alot of fans....I would go with the bottom as intake....the top two exhaust...HSF just the way it is...side fan intake...back exhaust...HEAT RISES...The cool intake air from the bottom side will allow for lower case temps....BTW...Do you have front intakes on your case...If so, make that one an intake

Solution

Tacobeam87

Distinguished
Jul 28, 2011
There is 1 120MM fan on the front and it is set as intake.
Would setting one of the top fans intake and one as exhaust do anything? or would they just cancel out each other.

lowjack989

Distinguished
Oct 30, 2009
That would just cause the intake on one side to pull the HOT exhaust from the other one....then inside the case it would cause a "blind spot" around the HSF...Go over to FrozenCPU.com and get you a filter(s) for the intakes

Tacobeam87

Distinguished
Jul 28, 2011

So you don't need as many intake as exhaust fans?
I know it has alot of water cooling options but I don't wanna set onto that field right now lol.
I actually don't shop at that site i shop at ncix.ca. They beat almost all prices in Canada and will price match if they dont.
They also have an American site too www.ncix.com

It's on the bottom of the and inside the front grill sonyou can't see it unless looking right at it. Ill just go with out and see how it does dust control