Tags:
  • Power Supplies
  • Asus
  • Tom's Hardware
  • Trinity
  • Components
Last response: in Components
October 11, 2009 9:01:44 PM

Will my new ASUS pt6 deluxe mobo fit correctly into my 3 year old NZXT TRINITY case w/o any problems? I've looked into this question but have been unable to find any info regarding. I've learned alot from TOM's hardware in the past, and would appreciate your insight in this matter......THANKS!............kirk

More about : upgrading asus pt6 delx mobo

October 11, 2009 9:07:37 PM

Yes, it will fit. However, I would consider replacing it anyways because it does not have very good cooling. Also, I hope your not still using the PSU that comes with it...?
m
l
October 11, 2009 9:29:35 PM

jbakerlent said:
Yes, it will fit. However, I would consider replacing it anyways because it does not have very good cooling. Also, I hope your not still using the PSU that comes with it...?

THANKS brother..........My trinity has three fans already and it's always run pretty cool.........plus I'll be adding a ZALMAN CPU cooler on top of the new i7....also my pc has an OCZ psu at 1100 watts..........I should be good to go....thanks for your kind reply.......cappy k
m
l
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
a b ) Power supply
October 11, 2009 9:59:57 PM

Personally I wouldn't go with the Zalman coolers for i7 - there's stuff out there that works a lot better, especially if you're overclocking:

TRUE Revision C
Megahalem/Mega Shadow
Scythe Mugen 2
Titan Fenrir
Thermolab Baram
m
l
October 12, 2009 9:20:33 AM

Mega Shadow! It is exactly the same as the best cooler, megahalem, and is compatible with all Intel sockets(775, 1156 and 1366).
m
l
October 12, 2009 9:30:46 AM

Scythe Mugen 2 is ranked as the 2nd and best bang for the buck. It would be my first choice if I were with i7-9xx.
m
l
a b ) Power supply
October 12, 2009 12:18:25 PM

Personally I'm going TRUE Black Rev C or Mega Shadow for the aesthetics as well as performance - I'm a designer as well as a geek after all!
m
l
October 13, 2009 4:05:01 AM

I figured this was as good a place as any to ask this: does anyone know if the Mega Shadow with two 25mm fans will fit on an Asus P6TD with 12 GB of Corsair Dominator DDR3 (1600) -- with the big fat heatsinks and the extra memory fan? I'm in the process of building a new machine, and I want to make sure everything fits.

I apologize if this is the wrong place to ask this! Thanks!
m
l