PLEASE HELP- geforce 8500 gt 512 mb

zmaro

Distinguished
Aug 2, 2009
Hello ALL! Im new at this forum stuff and thought maybe you guys could help fix this problem I am having...Currently my grafix card is a Nvidia****GEforce 8500 gt 512 mb****.......I have a dual monitor display which works AWESOME! What I am trying to do is somehow connect my 42in PLASMA TV to my computer so that the computer's desktop will show up on the TV screen....I have been STUMPED now for about 6 weeks....I have tried all the obvious (at least to me) possible connections....and I just can't get anything ot appear on my TV...on the card itself it has the 2 monitor slots and an S VIDEO slot.... Ive tried everything possible with that S Video cable to make it work...I was thinking that it is probably a setting on the computer somewhere...I don't know...

Is there anyone that can shed some light on this situation for me? It would be greatly APPRECIATED...

After all is said and done....I am trying to watch downloaded movies that I can get on my computer very easily to be able to watch on my TV in the other room....Ive bought a Media Extender which works amazingly....but that doesn't show my desktop on the TV....it just shows the Media Center stuff....

Once again,
thanks in advance for any help....

signed,
the new guy! lol

zmaro

Distinguished
Aug 2, 2009
The Plasma TV has a AV2 S Video Input slot that I have been trying....I connected the S Video cable to the TV and the Video Card but nothing happened...of course....nothing is that simple!

zmaro

Distinguished
Aug 2, 2009
I don't think a converter is going to do anything.....because there is a"PC" input source on my TV Screen..... but stilll does ot show my computer's desktop or anything for that matter! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!
I just wanna watch movies from my computer on my Plasma TV.....thats all! I don't need to fly to the moon or anything! lol

zmaro

Distinguished
Aug 2, 2009
Connections on back of the TV:
Rear A/V connections
2 HDMI-High Definition Multimedia Interface
Composite video inputs-1
Component video inputs (Y,Pb,Pr)-2
S-Video and composite video inputs-1
PC (RGB) input
RS232 input
Side A/V connections
S-video and composite video inputs
Headphone jack
Rear output jacks
Ant. (RF)- 1
Audio monitor out
Digital Audio (coaxial)- 1
Digital Audio (optical)- 1

On the video card is the 2 slots for my curret monitors and an empty S VIDEO slot. No I noticed that this S Video slot does fit a normal S Video cable...and if you look even closer to the slot...it has quite a few more (prong holes?) that the normal S Video cable...

CWillis767

Distinguished
Jul 30, 2009
Try an HDMI to DVI cable! The rest seem to be Analog signals there is a huge difference between analog and digital signals. DVI deals with digital and s video is analog. Your graphics card might not take an analog but it sure as hell will take digital I promise you that since there's a DVI port on it.

majick13

Distinguished
Aug 26, 2009
Im having the same issue with cableing up my pc to my 42'' plasma tv. i am using a dvi to hdmi adapter and using a 6' hdmi cable to my tv. i have tried all the different settings but none of them work! can somebody please help me!