Sign in with
Your question

Realtek soundcard disappears

Last response: in Motherboards
January 5, 2010 11:33:20 AM

Hello,

I am having a problem with the Realtek High Definition Audio built in soundcard of my Asus UL50A with Windows 7 Home Premium Edition.
When opening up a movie some two weeks ago I noticed that the sound from my computer had completely disappeared. At the bottom right of the screen there is an icon saying that there is no soundhardware installed.
I have been trying to install drivers from the website of Asus and Realtek, none of which have worked. Sometimes it helps to do a system restore to an earlier timestate, sometimes it helps just to restart the computer, and sometimes it doesn't work at all... my final solution was to format and reinstall Windows 7 on the computer.
When it started up, the sound card still wasn't there! After restarting, it came back again. I shut the computer off, then it disappeared.
Does anyone know what the problem might be, and what I could do to solve it?

Here are my specs:
Processor and cache memory: Intel® Core™2 Duo Processor SU7300 : 1.3 GHz
Operating system: Windows 7 Home Premium Edition (factory)
Chipset: Mobile Intel® GS45 Express Chipset
Main memory: DDR3 1066 MHz SDRAM, 2 x SODIMM socket for expansion up to 4GB SDRAM
Video graphics and memory: Embedded Intel® GMA 4500MHD
Here are more specs: http://www.asus.com/product.aspx?P_ID=Q9LeenxDjA38H7ux&...

Thanks!
a b V Motherboard
January 12, 2010 4:47:36 AM

Could be a power instability? That's the only thing I can assume right now...
Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
July 3, 2010 1:14:05 PM

I have the same problem. Got a Foxconn motherboard with Dual-Core AMD processor. Also Realtek onboard.
Funny thing is.. I put in an extra soundcard.. after a while.... that one disappears aswell....
Its there in the hardware-list alright. But games and other programs keep telling me its not there.. :pt1cable: 

I refreshed all drivers, didnt help
I built in another soundcard and deactivated the onboard one, didnt help

Anyone got any other idea's ?

!