Trying to find the best Core i7 975 Motherboard

jaelae

Distinguished
Oct 23, 2009
I am debating between two motherboards but maybe there is another that I just have not considered yet. My system is:
Core i7 975 Extreme Processor
ATI Radeon 5870 Graphics Card
12GB OCZ Gold DDR3 1600 Ram
Intel X25-M 160gb SSD Drive
Secondary 2TB Hard Drive
1x Bluray Burner
1x Lightscribe Burner
Thermaltake Toughpower 1200W Power Supply (yea this is probably overkill)
Killer Xeno Pro NIC (I know this is probably crap but it was free and I intend to use it!)
Sound Blaster X-FI Titanium Card

Now the two borads I am considering are:
ASUS P6X58D Premium LGA 1366 Intel X58 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard

and

EVGA E760 CLASSIFIED "Overclocker's Pick" 3-Way SLI + PhysX 1366 Intel X58 EATX Intel Motherboard

Since I have no desires to run this rig with SLI but do plan to have two additional PCI Express Cards (Sound Card and Xeno Card) which should fit in either motherboard with only one video card in. However, the USB 3.0 benefits on the Asus motherboard seem to be benefitial. Also, I tried to get top notch hardware (mainly for gaming purposes) without the intention of overclocking. Any thoughts / comments?

I already bought all the equipment and plan to pick up one of the two motherboards on the way home. And if you think I went a bit nuts, I actually purchased the Thermaltake Level 10 Chassis.

jaelae

Distinguished
Oct 23, 2009
Actually, I got the i7 975 because I don't plan to overclock. This is a system for someone else so I don't want it OC'd and then have problems in the future.

And I've been going through X58 reviews (mostly in November when they originally asked me to build a PC) but since then there has been a few new motherboards and I just want to make sure I don't miss anything. I think I will be in pretty good shape going with the Asus but figured I would get some feedback.