Sound is ahead of image on movie, Help!

blazer217

Distinguished
Sep 27, 2011
I have a DVD that I created on a DVR. I converted the DVD using AVS Video Converter to an AVI format, a WMV format, etc. My problem is when I bring any of the converted video file formats into Move Maker the voice on the video is way ahead of the video. One section I tried yesterday (I selected only VOB9 to convert from the DVD) came out perfect. Ever since then, I cannot get anything from this DVD to sync properly.

Please help me. I'd rather not get a million programs to do this, so if there is an easy way, let me know.

Thanks

blazer217

Distinguished
Sep 27, 2011

I downloaded handbrake and encoded the section of the pre-recorded DVD that I need. I used .mkv as you recommended. However, neither Windows Movie Maker nor Windows Live Movie Maker will accept this file. The message is as follows:
The file C:\Users\eh graphics\Videos\Garlington Videos\VTS_01_8-1.mkv is not a supported file type, and it cannot be imported into Windows Movie Maker.

Do you have any recommendations as to what I should use to make the movie from the clip I have encoded? (I hope so! :)

THANKS!

G

VLC player is free and will play your .mkv's

blazer217

Distinguished
Sep 27, 2011
OK, I downloaded the VLC player and yes, it does play the file. However, my problem is that I need to create a movie by taking clips from the encoded file I set up. That's why I was trying to use the Windows Movie Maker. Do you have any suggestions for a good movie maker program that will accept the mkv file? (So far, your help has been wonderful and very much appreciated - THANKS!)

Windows 7 Windows Movie Maker can edit MKV video files.
Install full version of K-Lite Codeck Pack, free.

It has a set of codecs that plays almost all types of video & audio files, thus enabling your support all these file types.

http://www.filehippo.com/download_klite_codec_pack/