ASUS P6T (original)

jamesyboy

Distinguished
Mar 22, 2010
Pll...VTT VCPU Vdimm....what the heck is up with these names? I've been reading guides on over clocking the 1366 i7 with d0 stepping, and it's virtually impossible to decipher them because it seems that each manufacturer calls the voltage settings something else. JEEZE!!!

Is anyone aware of a table/guide/bible that can translate?

And ASUS!!! GIGABYTE!!! MSI!!! EVGA!! STANDARDIZE THAT A**!!!

Cygnus x-1

Distinguished
Jul 28, 2011
I would be nice if they could standardize the setting names no doubt would make it easier when using different boards.

CPU Voltage: Self explanatory

QPI/Dram: The voltage used to communicate between the on board memory controller and the memory bus(your ram slots) I think gigabyte calls it QPI/VTT

Dram Bus voltage: This is where you enter your ram's voltage

jamesyboy

Distinguished
Mar 22, 2010
Thanks, i greatly appreciate the info. But if you have a table/article detailing other similar information, i would greatly appreciate it.

As it stands-- that's 3/100000 i need translation for. haha

jamesyboy

Distinguished
Mar 22, 2010
I don't even care about the fact that it would make it easier using "different" boards lol.

Frankly, its a stinkin joke, and a slap in the face that either intel doesn't have a standardized set of names, or that board manufacturers don't follow them...especially when some settings have the same exact words in them, and others differ only with 1 letter.

Amiriteorwut?

jamesyboy

Distinguished
Mar 22, 2010
To rehash, i'm looking for a solid article/bible/guide, or i'm looking for someone intelligent/nice enough to make a list. =D....this might be a good project to outsource via a document in the cloud...a publicly editable document that everyone could enter what their's is labeled as.

Cygnus x-1

Distinguished
Jul 28, 2011
Yeah I haven't seen a complete guide or a chart referencing all the terminology between the different bios. Just have to do it the old fashion way and look a particular setting up for it's function if you don't know it.