djnoobie95

Distinguished
Oct 3, 2009
my friend was asking me for recommendation.. he tell me dual-core is enough for him to do his daily work.. what i ask him is to wait for core i3... i heard that core i3 is dual-core processor with intergrated gpu... are manufacturer going to release even cheaper LGA1166 mobo after they release core i3?? is it faster than E8400??

I heard i3 was just going to be the renaming of all core2 current products they do not intend to EOL over the next 12 months.

The OEM cost to knock up an LGA775 mobo is quite a bit cheaper and I assume they will keep punching out business class Intel IGP systems with low end core2 cpu's for a while.

Why?

They are the cheapest product Intel can make (die size / %yeild) and improtantly they are more than good enough to do the job.

Good money to be made on the platform approach.

Jeez ... lucky for AMD I am not working for Intel.

I'd be working on a discrete GPU right now ... or maybe considering buying NV.

Why?

Well LRB is going to be a complete fizzer.

Hmmm ....

alexie

Distinguished
May 5, 2009
actually core i3 will be the "celeron" of next year. i think they'll come with on board CPU like atoms. if your friend think that core 2 is enough for his work he might buy core i5 cpu with base model. Before the end of this year core i5 mobos will be less than $100. So waiting for core i3 will not satisfy his demands.

djnoobie95

Distinguished
Oct 3, 2009
so the pentium of core i3 thing is going to be just like E5200 or celeron series?? i kinda confusing with intel's articles...

EDITED
"So the key here is there will be a range of features and capabilities within the Intel Core family - our flagship brand representing the highest performance and the latest technology - but simplified into entry-level (Intel Core i3), mid-level (Intel Core i5), and high-level (Intel Core i7). We will still have Celeron for entry-level computing at affordable price points, Pentium for basic computing, and of course the Intel® Atom™ processor for all these new devices ranging from netbooks to smartphones. For PC purchasing, think in terms of good-better-best with Celeron being good, Pentium better, and the Intel Core family representing the best we have to offer"

finally i understand about intel new brand structure after read for few times.. well it not talking about performance,amount of core,clock speed and price... i think core i3 will be faster than core 2 duo series..