1 million to whoever show me how to install XP on RAID SSD

leandrodafontoura

Distinguished
Sep 26, 2006
1 millionn virtual hugs to whoever help me with installing XP on this computer, an impossible task apparently.

Intel Quad Core
Asus P5QL-E (ICRH10)
Intel SSD
3x WD 1TB RAID 0
NO FLOOPY

XP doesnt see the drive to install. Can I perhpas install this to an IDE and then clone the drive to the SSD using Macrium, and then boot from SSD?

If all fails, Is it possible to install Vista on SSD and dual-boot with XP on IDE drive??? Will be such a shame tough having the OS on such a slow HDD, spcially combined with quad-core and SSD

you will need to find the XP drivers for the RAID controller and the NIC and slipstream them into XP before you can install XP.

XP does not come with drivers that support your controller.

http://www.digitgeek.com/how-to-slipstream-sata-drivers-into-xp-cd/

Do you mean if you get the OS up and running on a hard drive then clone it to a SSD? It will work, but it's not recommended. My understanding is that trim and other features of the SSD aren't taken into account unless you do a clean install onto the SSD.

leandrodafontoura

Distinguished
Sep 26, 2006

I believe I have no choice. I happen to have an IDE drive with XP installed, and I simply cannot get XP to install on any Sata drive. I plan after the cloning to install Vista, wich would be my main OS, XP will be limited in a partition of 10% of the disc

leandrodafontoura

Distinguished
Sep 26, 2006

Hawkeye, can you please confirm to me, does SP3 installs directly on a SSD or RAID without floopy drives? I happen to have SP2, but I may get SP3

leandrodafontoura

Distinguished
Sep 26, 2006
I dont have a floppy. My motherboard allows me to "configure SATA as IDE". This way, XP was able to see the sata drives, both SSD and HDD. I will try installing it and then changing in BIOS "configure SATA as RAID". I need to configure it in RAID in order for the Intel Matrix Technoly create the RAID 0 ARRAY.

I not sure it will boot tough....

and later on, I will have the task of installling Vista. Should I install vista from BIOS or from within XP?

XP has native IDE drivers which is why that works. If you plan on making the RAID bootable, you need to slipstream or use F6 + floppy drive.

You weren't specific enough in regards to vista. Are you planning on dual booting vista/xp? Is the vista disk an upgrade disk or full version? If it's an upgrade, I think you run it from within XP, otherwise boot to the vista install cd.

Here are the details.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-vista/Upgrading-from-Windows-XP-to-Windows-Vista