Help making sure my built pc is working right

huntsman

Distinguished
Jul 8, 2009
alright so i built my self a new pc and im wondering now

1 how do i check if my memory is working at 1066 and dual channel

2 and how do i check my temps i dl speed fan but it displays like this temp1 temp2 temp3 hd0 hd1 and core how do i know what the temp 1 ,2,3 are of?

3 i got 4bg of ram im using windows xp sp2, and it only displays 3.25gb why is that?

4. also with my hard drives i have 80gb ide it displays 74 and i got 250 sata and it displays 235 why does that happen?

and for now i think thats it.

Your PC has many temp sensors. All they do is register changes. They don't actually say "52C," because they aren't capable of that.

Think of these sensors like old-fashioned mercury thermometers without any numbers. Just the mercury that rises and falls and lines. The programs you use to tell you the temps have to write in their own numbers.

Real Temp or Core Temp are the best for Intel CPUs to measure CPU core temps.

HwMonitor is the best at measuring all the temps across both platforms.

huntsman

Distinguished
Jul 8, 2009
k thanks and since we here cpuz in memory tab says dram frequency 401.8 and in the spd tab says max bandwith pc2 6400 400mhz and my ram is corsair pc 8500 1066 so shouldnt it display 533 ?

im a bit lost

Yes it should show a 533 column. You'll have to get the settings from the packaging or Corsair and manually set the frequency, voltage, and timings in the BIOS sounds like. If this is an Intel system however, the faster frequency won't really do much for you.

If it's an AMD build, you do want to get it to 1066 if you can.