Sign in with
Your question
Solved

EVGA 560ti vs EVGA 560ti OC

Last response: in Overclocking
July 30, 2011 10:22:42 PM

Hello again, I have a few questions about factory overclocked GPUs, basically are they better than what you can do yourself, can you overclock an overclocked GPU, and if so is it worth paying for the boost. I've decided on the EVGA 560ti for my build, but was curious about the overclocked version as well.

Normal GPU: EVGA 01G-P3-1561-AR GeForce GTX 560 Ti
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

Overclocked GPU: EVGA SuperClocked 01G-P3-1567-KR GeForce GTX 560 Ti
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

Any advice would be very helpful, and thanks in advance.

More about : evga 560ti evga 560ti

Best solution

a b U Graphics card
July 31, 2011 3:41:23 AM

Unless your an enthusiast and enjoy treading the thin line between a clean OC and a fried part, stick to a factory overclocked model, especially if its from evga. The benefits are usually a tweaked cooling solution, and a better quality part number. You can overclock them more if you still want to, but i think its worth it until the oc version's price reaches near to the price of the next model number... in this case; i think its worth it.
a b U Graphics card
a b K Overclocking
July 31, 2011 3:52:10 AM

Factory overclocks are typically more conservative than the overclocks that enthusiasts can perform because factory overclocks are guaranteed by the manufacturer, therefore the manufacturer avoids more extreme overclocks that could cause RMAs down the road. You can overclock a factory overclocked card. One advantage of factory overclocked cards is that they often offer a better heatsink and fan than the reference clocked models, allowing for higher potential aftermarket overclocks than non-factory overclocked models.
m
l
Related resources
July 31, 2011 5:19:42 AM

Thanks guys think I'll go with the overclocked version now. Thanks again.
m
l
August 7, 2011 12:03:58 AM

Best answer selected by MatthewGill.
m
l
!