University Number of Wants

Stupid question, but why do some of my University Student Sims have 6 wants
while the others only have 4 listed? I can't find this anywhere in the
manual. Is it because they are seniors or what?

Thanks!
Julie
7 answers Last reply
More about university number wants

    Yes. As you progress through uni you get more slots and another lock.

    --
    Morituri Nolumus Mori - Rincewind, The Last Hero, Terry Pratchett

    MM

    "marcesent" <jkbarton@austin.rr.com> wrote in message
    > Stupid question, but why do some of my University Student Sims have 6
    wants
    > while the others only have 4 listed? I can't find this anywhere in the
    > manual. Is it because they are seniors or what?
    >
    > Thanks!
    > Julie

    Interesting - you can tell I haven't played all the way through yet! :) Do
    they stay after they graduate and move back to the old 'hood or do they go
    back to four?

    Thanks!
    Julie

    marcesent wrote:

    > Interesting - you can tell I haven't played all the way through yet! :) Do
    > they stay after they graduate and move back to the old 'hood or do they go
    > back to four?

    You get to keep all 6.

    It's mildly annoying to flip back and forth between 4 and 6 when on a
    regular lot, between those who have gone to college and those who
    haven't (CAS generated, children, etc)

    -georg

    I agree - that's what made me ask, it was mildly annoying. I thought "wtf?"
    Maybe it will grow on me as I play University more.

    Thanks!
    Julie

    > marcesent wrote:
    >
    >> Interesting - you can tell I haven't played all the way through yet! :)
    >> Do they stay after they graduate and move back to the old 'hood or do
    >> they go back to four?
    >
    > You get to keep all 6.
    >
    > It's mildly annoying to flip back and forth between 4 and 6 when on a
    > regular lot, between those who have gone to college and those who haven't
    > (CAS generated, children, etc)
    >
    > -georg

    "marcesent" <jkbarton@austin.rr.com> wrote in message
    > Stupid question, but why do some of my University Student Sims have 6
    > wants while the others only have 4 listed? I can't find this anywhere in
    > the manual. Is it because they are seniors or what?

    When you Sim passes Freshman year, they get a fifth want slot. When they
    pass Senior year they get a sixth want slot. Passing Junior year gives your
    Sims the ability to lock two wants instead of only one. Flunking out of
    University gives your Sims an extra fear slot.

    When they pass into their senior year and get the extra slot and extra lock,
    don't you get an ingame message telling you about it?

    Best wishes
    Maxon

    "Whogus the Whatsler" <who@what.sler> wrote in message
    > "marcesent" <jkbarton@austin.rr.com> wrote in message
    > > Stupid question, but why do some of my University Student Sims have 6
    > > wants while the others only have 4 listed? I can't find this anywhere
    in
    > > the manual. Is it because they are seniors or what?
    >
    > When you Sim passes Freshman year, they get a fifth want slot. When they
    > pass Senior year they get a sixth want slot. Passing Junior year gives
    your
    > Sims the ability to lock two wants instead of only one. Flunking out of
    > University gives your Sims an extra fear slot.

    I started playing the "stock" Sims that came with University, and some of
    them were already juniors/seniors.....I haven't had one advance yet (yes,
    I'm that new to playing it lol). I probably could have just played for a
    while and found out, but I thought it was some sort of new setting I could
    disable (?) or - even worse - that someone how my install of University was
    screwed up. Easier to just ask you guys.......hee hee!

    Thanks for the help, again....and I'm sure I"ll be back!

    Julie

    > When they pass into their senior year and get the extra slot and extra
    > lock,
    > don't you get an ingame message telling you about it?
    >
    > Best wishes
    > Maxon
    >
    > "Whogus the Whatsler" <who@what.sler> wrote in message
    >> "marcesent" <jkbarton@austin.rr.com> wrote in message
    >> > Stupid question, but why do some of my University Student Sims have 6
    >> > wants while the others only have 4 listed? I can't find this anywhere
    > in
    >> > the manual. Is it because they are seniors or what?
    >>
    >> When you Sim passes Freshman year, they get a fifth want slot. When they
    >> pass Senior year they get a sixth want slot. Passing Junior year gives
    > your
    >> Sims the ability to lock two wants instead of only one. Flunking out of
    >> University gives your Sims an extra fear slot.

Sims Games Video Games