University Number of Wants

Stupid question, but why do some of my University Student Sims have 6 wants
while the others only have 4 listed? I can't find this anywhere in the
manual. Is it because they are seniors or what?

Thanks!
Julie

Yes. As you progress through uni you get more slots and another lock.

--
Morituri Nolumus Mori - Rincewind, The Last Hero, Terry Pratchett

MM

"marcesent" <jkbarton@austin.rr.com> wrote in message
> Stupid question, but why do some of my University Student Sims have 6
wants
> while the others only have 4 listed? I can't find this anywhere in the
> manual. Is it because they are seniors or what?
>
> Thanks!
> Julie

Interesting - you can tell I haven't played all the way through yet! :) Do
they stay after they graduate and move back to the old 'hood or do they go
back to four?

Thanks!
Julie

marcesent wrote:

> Interesting - you can tell I haven't played all the way through yet! :) Do
> they stay after they graduate and move back to the old 'hood or do they go
> back to four?

You get to keep all 6.

It's mildly annoying to flip back and forth between 4 and 6 when on a
regular lot, between those who have gone to college and those who
haven't (CAS generated, children, etc)

-georg

I agree - that's what made me ask, it was mildly annoying. I thought "wtf?"
Maybe it will grow on me as I play University more.

Thanks!
Julie

> marcesent wrote:
>
>> Interesting - you can tell I haven't played all the way through yet! :)
>> Do they stay after they graduate and move back to the old 'hood or do
>> they go back to four?
>
> You get to keep all 6.
>
> It's mildly annoying to flip back and forth between 4 and 6 when on a
> regular lot, between those who have gone to college and those who haven't
> (CAS generated, children, etc)
>
> -georg

"marcesent" <jkbarton@austin.rr.com> wrote in message
> Stupid question, but why do some of my University Student Sims have 6
> wants while the others only have 4 listed? I can't find this anywhere in
> the manual. Is it because they are seniors or what?

When you Sim passes Freshman year, they get a fifth want slot. When they
pass Senior year they get a sixth want slot. Passing Junior year gives your
Sims the ability to lock two wants instead of only one. Flunking out of
University gives your Sims an extra fear slot.

When they pass into their senior year and get the extra slot and extra lock,
don't you get an ingame message telling you about it?

Best wishes
Maxon

"Whogus the Whatsler" <who@what.sler> wrote in message
> "marcesent" <jkbarton@austin.rr.com> wrote in message
> > Stupid question, but why do some of my University Student Sims have 6
> > wants while the others only have 4 listed? I can't find this anywhere
in
> > the manual. Is it because they are seniors or what?
>
> When you Sim passes Freshman year, they get a fifth want slot. When they
> pass Senior year they get a sixth want slot. Passing Junior year gives
your
> Sims the ability to lock two wants instead of only one. Flunking out of
> University gives your Sims an extra fear slot.

I started playing the "stock" Sims that came with University, and some of
them were already juniors/seniors.....I haven't had one advance yet (yes,
I'm that new to playing it lol). I probably could have just played for a
while and found out, but I thought it was some sort of new setting I could
disable (?) or - even worse - that someone how my install of University was
screwed up. Easier to just ask you guys.......hee hee!

Thanks for the help, again....and I'm sure I"ll be back!

Julie