Sign in with
Your question
Solved

9800 problem need help

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
August 2, 2009 8:12:49 PM

I have two 22'' displays DVI today i plugged in the cable for the comp out didn't hook it to anything did this with power off after I started the computer one of the displays wouldn't show in the right res tried every thing i could think of to get it back to normal uninstalled the the card down loaded the newest drivers nothing helps i think the card is ruined

More about : 9800 problem

Best solution

a b U Graphics card
August 3, 2009 1:04:33 PM

The monitor might have the wrong EDID information.

Had same problem with not being able to obtain better than 1440x900 resolution with Samsung T220. Downloaded latest NVIDIA update to version 1.2.0.82 then changed refresh rate to 60hZ.
At the lower refresh rate the full 1680x1050 resolution was available. Monitor works great now. Hope this helps.

Use Powerstrip software to update the EDID information.
Or update edid via http://www.geocities.com/jgeneedid/EDID_Writer.zip

for this u have to run DOS, i will try make bootable flash drive with DOS...

NOTICE: u should know that if u modify edid in your panel u lose warranty!

before u run command for rewriting edid go to service menu on monitor, it will disable write protection for while

how to enter service menu:

1. Set contrast and brightness to 0
2. Press the « Menu » button
3. Press the « Source » button for 5 seconds (the second one on the right)

for exit just switch panel off...

I flashed the EDID in my Samsung T220, and it did the trick

I copied the Raw data from his post into a file using HexEdit, and flashed the monitor using PowerStrip v. 3.83. (I ordered version 3.85, but it didn't arrive in my mail until much later).
a b U Graphics card
August 3, 2009 1:05:54 PM

Please tell us make and model of the monitor.
Related resources
August 4, 2009 9:34:51 AM

its a envision g218a1
April 1, 2010 3:21:42 AM

I have the same monitor Envision G218a1 and my dvi port is having that problem too, it wont go any higher than 1280x1024, its really weird because I just turned it off for like 10 mins then when i came back it just wouldnt let me go any higher than 1280x1024, my native resolution is or at least was 1680x1050 now its all bad but the vga port is working at max 1680x1050 resolution well. I need help dont know where i can find a EDID for this monitor please help.
a b U Graphics card
April 6, 2010 7:44:48 AM

Best answer selected by r_manic.
!