Fujitsu LifeBook 755TX,, Q's????

Hi

A round for the bar,, and doubles for good answers...

A friend just gave me a 755TX, 150MHz, 32mb, win 95,,,
I would like to use it on the road for an email box..

Has anyone added memory bigger than the 64MB SDRAM suggested??
Is there a BIOS update that is needed to address past 96mb??
Has anyone put any larger HD besides the 2GB it comes with??

Thanks,,
Jim
An Old Parrot Head,
In the Conch Republic,
Just South of Reality
3 answers Last reply
More about fujitsu lifebook 755tx

    96MB is the max, and it's not a BIOS issue. I don't think I was ever
    successful in putting in a hard drive larger than 4GB (and I've done
    many+many) - which is typcial of systems that run processors with speed
    below that of a 200mhz MMx - some of problems I've encountered with
    installing 5- or 6GB hard drives are simply ... beyond belief, so I won't
    go into that here. That'll be a story for another day...

    Conch Republic, eh... You guys actually use computers there?

    I had a 565Tx a few years ago, which was a similar machine. I upgraded
    the memory (you need to find the right kind of memory) and the hard
    drive, I believe that I had a 4 gig or 6 gig hard drive and 96 meg of RAM.

    I also installed W98.

    jj_bpk@bellsouth.net wrote:

    > Hi
    >
    > A round for the bar,, and doubles for good answers...
    >
    > A friend just gave me a 755TX, 150MHz, 32mb, win 95,,,
    > I would like to use it on the road for an email box..
    >
    > Has anyone added memory bigger than the 64MB SDRAM suggested??
    > Is there a BIOS update that is needed to address past 96mb??
    > Has anyone put any larger HD besides the 2GB it comes with??
    >
    > Thanks,,
    > Jim
    > An Old Parrot Head,
    > In the Conch Republic,
    > Just South of Reality

    Barry & Bob, Thanks for the reply(s),,, This little puppy may end up on eBay,, I was hoping I could
    get it up to Win XP speed.. I have a nice system at home with Sat/DSL and the thought of spending
    500-800 on a system to use maybe 5 times a year is not palatable... Guess I will keep looking for
    something with a 400MHz ++ chip set..

    Bob, Now that we have electricity and running water things are getting better.. Living on a island
    where few people venture has it's drawbacks,,, Case in point is the mail boat,,, sometimes we have
    to chip in to get the captain out of jail,, Other times we need to help float the mail barge,, AND
    other times we do both,,, But having the captain in the tank AND the boat on the bottom has only
    happened twice this month...

    We do have a new air service,,,, they now have a currier flight daily out of Marathon,, The pilot is
    a friend,, I helped him through his last 60 days in di-toc,, the AA was reel good about helping him
    get his air-worthiness certification back,, and the judge says he can use his flying time as part of
    his community service time,,, only problem is he can only fly non-passenger freight,, they want to
    see if he lasts past the 1st 30 days,, I sure hope he can,, his bar-tab at my place is
    outrageous,,,, the last time he made it 28 days...

    Good news is my girlfriend is out of the hospital,,, the plastic surgeon did a reel good job,, you
    can hardly see the spot on her forehead where the bullet went in,, course the spot in the back is
    not as nice,, but if her hair grows back it will cover it up,,, My wife went up to Miami last week
    to pick her up..

    They also think she should be able to talk in a couple months,, luckily she doesn't need to at
    work,, when she dances we play the music reel loud,, and that twitch she's developed puts a couple
    of reel juggler(s) in her walk,, if you know what I mean,, kinda gives her a edge over the other
    girls,,, If I can calculate it right,, she should be able to pay me back in under a year... Course
    that's just a guess,, she can't lap dance just yet,, you have to talk for that,, and that where the
    big bucks are,, anyway....

    Again thanks for the help,,, my plastic is still on the bar,, grab another round on me....

    Jim
    An Old Parrot Head,
    In the Conch Republic,
    Just South of Reality