Sign in with
Your question

Overclocking Intel I-5 2500K

Last response: in Overclocking
July 31, 2011 1:44:12 AM

I have an Intel I5-2500K processor on a Gigabyte Z68A-D3H-B3 motherboard. I thought I had successfully overclocked it to 4.3 ghz by upping the multiplier to 43. Did not have to change the voltage and had a stable overclock with Prime95. However, this morning, while bored, I checked my Windows 7 Windows Experience Index, and got a CPU score of 7.6, my lowest score. Thinking it should be higher than that, I checked my CPU speed using Windows/Properties utility, and it states my speed as 3.31 ghz. I then downloaded and installed two CPU speed software programs, CPU TrueSpeed, and CPU SpeedPro. According to both programs, my CPU is running at 3.3 and 3.31 respectively. CPU Z shows core 0 running at 4212 mhtz, with a multiplier of 42, and a bus speed of 100.3. Any idea what is going on? Thanks for any assistance you can provide.
July 31, 2011 6:52:22 AM

shouldn't take wei to serious. 7.6 sounds right. try some real cpu benchmark software, and then compare. i've noticed windows doesnt report the right clock speeds with those chips, when they are overclocked. i always use asus boards so, i use the asus utilities and they report the correct info.
m
l
a b à CPUs
a b K Overclocking
July 31, 2011 12:09:30 PM

This topic has been moved from the section CPU & Components to section Overclocking by Mousemonkey
m
l
!