Best computer manufacturers

G

i WANT TO KNOW THE COUNTRY THAT PRODUCES THE BEST COMPUTER THAT IS DUARBLE

magekyou

Distinguished
Sep 28, 2009
mmm...build your own computer? o.o
But yeah if you really have money to waste...
Dell (they recently bought AlienWare)
HP <-- I have experience with them, very good computers.

But I don't really get what you mean by country... Computers are made on every side of the globe depending on where the Manufacturers want their factory to be...

But If you want a DURABLE BEST COMPUTER, Your better off building it yourself...and if you don't know how to build, check the internet, or pay someone from best buy/Future Shop or any computer store and they will mount it for you. If you want the best build now, We need to know for what will you use it.

Couldn't say it better my self. :)

There really aren't many desktop computer "manufacturers" as most don't really manufacture anything..... Asus, Acer and MSI are exception that I can think of at the moment. What we have for the most part are "Computer System Assemblers" where they take components manufactured by others and assemble them together in a package. Kinda like making a salad..... different people made / grew the lettuce, tomato, onion, carrots, croutons etc, but someone else put them all in one bowl.

Laptops are a different story and there are only a few ODM's building laptops for name brand companies thatw e actually recognize. Clevo, Compal, Quanta, Inventec are the big 4 in this business. Quanta for example makes many of the Dell Latitude, Lenovo (IBM), and Sony Vaio laptops.

All of those ODM's and most PC Component manufacturers are in Asia, most of those in China. So as for getting the best, most durable product, I'd suggest reading the component reviews , assembling a list of parts and finding a local assembler or build it yourself.

ulysses35

Distinguished
Tricky one to answer because all pc's are made of components that are made by other companies. Intel / AMD makes CPU's... Nvidia / ATI make video cards... so you get the idea you can see why you could not really find a true answer.

Then you have the issue of Intel being an american company that have plants all over the world... so for example if Intel (ireland) make the best CPU are thye Irish or American ??

magekyou

Distinguished
Sep 28, 2009
Well yeah the dude just couldnt find the good words I guess :D
He probably meant best computer "compagny" as in Dell or HP.
Hope he find's the answer COUGHassembleyourselfCOUGHCOUGH

D

Deleted member 217926

i WANT TO KNOW THE COUNTRY THAT PRODUCES THE BEST COMPUTER THAT IS DUARBLE

Is that supposed to read "What company produces the best durable computers?" Are you are asking about hardened laptops for tough jobsites? Something like these ToughBooks are pretty good http://www.panasonic.com/business/toughbook/toughbook-products.asp.
Other computer makers make their own versions of this. I believe there is a military spec for rugged portables and generally to meet military spec is pretty tough so look for one that meets or exceeds spec.