huntsman

Distinguished
Jul 8, 2009
hey i got alot of foam laying around because i use to make rc planes and was wondering if i attach the foam to the inside of the case will that reduce the noise? Because when my fans are all on full its pretty loud so was wondering if foam could reduce noise.

ulysses35

Distinguished
You will probably find it would be better to buy some better quality fans as the sound proofing you add to your case will cause temps to rise slightly. Dont forget the actual material of the case also helps to radiate heat, so foam will reduce that effect.

If its genuine fan noise then buy new fans... if its more a vibration then thin self adhesive foam tape around the edges of the side panels to prevent them increasing the vibration. My coolermaster CM631 is a nightmre for vibrations.

huntsman

Distinguished
Jul 8, 2009
lol the noise i hear is just the fans and the moving air prolly i mean on idle my pc is silent pretty much but when the fans are on full then its a lil louder i just wanna make it dead silent lol.

huntsman

Distinguished
Jul 8, 2009
lol i use a fan controller but thanks for the suggestions, id just wanna make a really dead silent case with good airflow to keep everything nice and cool, like id want it to be really quiet while gaming i mean i turn my fan speeds up to have good airflow while gaming but i rather have them all on low cuz its nice and quiet.