Sign in with
Your question
Closed

X-fi titanium recognized by windows but not by creative control panel

Last response: in Components
October 12, 2009 7:24:40 PM

Hello.

I have installed a creative X-Fi titanium (regular, not fatality) on my windows 7 machine.
I installed the latest dirvers ( XFTI_PCDRV_LB_2_17_0007 )

The system seems to recognize the sound blaster alright (it's listed as "Creative SB X-Fi" in the device manager)

Sound is coming out of the card alright (at least the optical out, which is the one I have linked to my Sound system)

But, when I try to launch the Creative control panel, it says the supported audio device is not detected on my system - the application will close (free translation from the french)

Is anyone able to help me with this problem ?

I'd be most grateful.

Take care,

sykurmoli
Anonymous
a b $ Windows 7
November 20, 2009 6:29:59 PM

I am having exactly the same problem. Have not been able to find a solution yet. I have an NEW HTPC with an X-fi fatal1ty, under Windows 7 Ultimate. Sound is ok, but cant access the Creative Audio Control panel.
November 21, 2009 7:00:14 AM

I solved my problem the following way:

I first installed the drivers that came on the CD-ROM, and only then did I let the auto-updater take me to the latest version.
In other words: I got this problem because my first move was to rush to Creative's website and download the latest drivers. (This si usually the sensible thing to do, but it brings doom in this particular case).

I hope this helps.
Related resources
Anonymous
a b $ Windows 7
November 22, 2009 2:46:35 PM

Thanks the problem I have is that the drivers in the CD are not for windows 7, and im doing a clean install with windows 7. Ive done the installation twice, unfortunately both times with the same result. Im thinking that Ill just have to live without the advanced preferences from the creative audio control. Thanks anyway for the assistance!!
March 21, 2010 11:13:30 PM

Hello. I have incurred the exact same problem in regards to Creative Audio Control Panel not functioning. I recieve a message that states: "The audio device supported by this application is not detected. The application will exit."

My device is a Creative SB X-Fi Titanium. The model is SB0880. My computer is a Dell Studio XPS 9000. My problem with the sound card began when I upgraded from Vista to Windows 7 running on a 64 bit OS. I have functional audio, but the advance features such as the Audio Control Panel and THX console do not function. I have talked with Dell tech support for hours over this issue and they can not rectify this issue. I have downloaded many, many drivers from dell support and creative support and the problem with the advanced features still persist.

Based on various web forums it appears that Creative is aware of this issue on Windows 7 OS, but I have not been able to find a fix or a patch for this problem. It even appears Dell is aware of this issue, based upon the fact that they supply a patch for the X-Fi Xtreme, but not for the Titianium.

Also, when I attempt to initiate a Creative Software AutoUpdate, I ALWAYS get a fatal exception error (or the Blue Screen of Death).

I will attempt to install the drivers on my CD that came with systems, but the CD driver is for Windows XP/Vista OS. I assume it's worth a shot since everything else has failed.

If anyone has solved this issue I would be greatly appreciative of your support.

I will follow-up with any progress that I may have.

Thanks in advance for your time and efforts.

Derek

March 23, 2010 9:28:03 PM

This may be a silly question, but have you guys set the X-Fi as the default audio device in Windows 7? I had the same problem and finally figured out that the Creative software (including ALchemy) won't detect the card unless it's selected as the default device.

I think specifically it's the "Speakers" device but I can't remember off the top of my head. Try playing around with that setting and see if that helps. You can get there by right-clicking the audio icon in the system notification area and selecting Playback Devices, I believe. We use XP at work so I can't confirm atm.
March 25, 2010 3:27:49 AM

That's a valid question, but within my configuration Creative SB X-Fi is the only device option within my audio list. I have tried to install the drivers that originally came with my computer for Vista, but that didn't work either. I would assume my best course of action is to reformat my machine and install a full Windows 7 instead of using an upgrade from Vista.

Please be aware that I can not access the advanced settings of my sound card. This is the paramount issue that has forced me to troubleshoot this issue. I still have functional audio from my speakers, but I believe its functional only because the Windows drivers allow me to hear sound.....not the Creative drivers.

I just want to access my console launcher and have the ability to change my audio configurations. It has become a really frustrating issue.

Thanks again for your help and support.
April 13, 2010 7:11:21 PM

i'm having the same issues here. i have the champion edition of x-fi, and both the front panel and audio card work perfectly in terms of sound - i just don't have access to any of the advanced sound settings in any of the applications. for the same reasons stated above.
December 2, 2010 10:57:09 AM

Solution found:

I have the same problem with card - changed out the OEM Creative X-Fi Extreme (doesn't support "What you Hear" recording.) Creative says buy the X-Fi Extreme Championship fatality - so I did. NOT seen by Creative's Control panel or their other apps.

I see now there's a new update package on Creative's Support page: PID_W7PCAPP_US_2_11_01.exe
http://support.creative.com/downloads/download.aspx?nDo...

It's supposed to address the recognition issue in Win 7 with the cards listed below . About a 5mb download.

From Creative Labs site:

File Name : PID_W7PCAPP_US_2_11_01.exe

This update resolves the hardware/device detection issue for Creative Sound Blaster® X-Fi™ and X-Fi Titanium series of audio devices in Microsoft® Windows® 7. For more details, read the rest of this web release note.

This download supports the following audio devices only:

* Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty® Champion Series
* Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty Professional Series
* Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium Professional Audio
* Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium
* Sound Blaster X-Fi XtremeGamer Fatal1ty Professional Series
* Sound Blaster X-Fi Platinum Fatal1ty Champion Series
* Sound Blaster X-Fi XtremeMusic
* Sound Blaster X-Fi XtremeGamer
* Sound Blaster X-Fi Platinum
* Sound Blaster X-Fi Fatal1ty
* Sound Blaster X-Fi Elite Pro
* Sound Blaster X-Fi

Fixes:

* Resolves the hardware/device detection issue in Creative Software AutoUpdate running on Windows 7.

Requirements:

* Microsoft Windows 7 64-bit, Windows 7 32-bit
* Sound Blaster X-Fi and X-Fi Titanium series of audio devices listed above

Notes:

* To install this driver
1. Download the file onto your local hard disk.
2. Double-click the downloaded file.
3. Follow the instructions on the screen.

Will try iy myself later today. Good luck.

Tom

a b $ Windows 7
December 2, 2010 11:07:57 AM

This topic has been closed by Mousemonkey
!