Remote Access

I would like to put the Tivo in a basement and control it from the living
room using a "infrared enhancer" if there is such a thing. The house is
under construction so I can run whatever wiring might be needed and install
any hardware that would be needed.

Does anyone have any experience with a project like this? What was used?
What are the pros and cons?

Thanks.

Bill Hogsett
3 answers Last reply
More about remote access

    "Bill Hogsett" <bhogsett@wowway.com> wrote in message
    > I would like to put the Tivo in a basement and control it from the living
    > room using a "infrared enhancer" if there is such a thing. The house is
    > under construction so I can run whatever wiring might be needed and
    install
    > any hardware that would be needed.
    >
    > Does anyone have any experience with a project like this? What was used?
    > What are the pros and cons?
    >
    > Thanks.
    >
    > Bill Hogsett

    Very do-able, depending on your house and your. I did this years back
    (maybe 8-10 years ago) with good success, and I'm sure the products have
    improved since. You are looking for something like this:

    http://www.terk.com/multiroom/product/lfirx.html

    Hope that helps,

    Jim

    "Scooby" <mmscooby1@removeme.earthlink.net> wrote in

    > "Bill Hogsett" <bhogsett@wowway.com> wrote in message
    >> I would like to put the Tivo in a basement and control it from the
    >> living room using a "infrared enhancer" if there is such a thing.
    >> The house is under construction so I can run whatever wiring might be
    >> needed and
    > install
    >> any hardware that would be needed.
    >
    > Very do-able, depending on your house and your. I did this years back
    > (maybe 8-10 years ago) with good success, and I'm sure the products
    > have improved since. You are looking for something like this:
    >
    > http://www.terk.com/multiroom/product/lfirx.html
    >
    > Hope that helps,
    >
    > Jim

    Thanks, that looks like what I need.

    Bill

    > Thanks, that looks like what I need.

    Actually, if you're doing in-wall wiring you might want to take a look at
    the Xantech product line. They've got a nice set of IR network devices that
    are exactly suited for this.

    -Bill Kearney

Tivo Remote Access Home Theatre