Drive D is the boot drive and drive C is the system drive. Both are active. Bo

I have a Windows 7 machine with two internal physical drives. Some how I made drive D the boot drive and drive C the system drive. Both are active. Both are physical. I need to make the C: drive both system and Boot. How can I move boot from D to C?
4 answers Last reply
More about drive boot drive drive system drive active
  1. Reinstall with one disk connected and after installing connect the second harddisk
  2. you cannot change these drive letters.

you will need to format and reinstall (with the 2nd drive disconnected)

this is a common occurance when people have a USB internal card reader. if you dont disconnect it proir to install you will end up with a F: as your windows drive.
  3. Why not just change the boot order in the BIOS?
  4. gaf007 said:
    I have a Windows 7 machine with two internal physical drives. Some how I made drive D the boot drive and drive C the system drive. Both are active. Both are physical. I need to make the C: drive both system and Boot. How can I move boot from D to C?

So, to make sure I understand correctly, the C drive contains Windows, but it boots from D?

If so, this is a simple fix. Grab your Windows DVD, and stick it in.

Shut down your computer, and then unplug the D drive.

Startup the computer and boot from the DVD. Run startup repair and it should automatically create the necessary files on C in order to boot from that drive.

After you've booted from C, shut down and plug D back in.
Ask a new question

Read More

Configuration Windows 7 Boot