Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Updating z68x-ud7 bios

Last response: in Overclocking
July 31, 2011 11:11:46 PM

My new rig is up and running, but when i went into bios it's still the old school bios we've had forever, though i know my board supports a gui based click/touch bios. Having never tried updating a bios before and surprisingly google didn't turn up anything to explain it to me, firstly do i/should i update it? and secondly how?

More about : updating z68x ud7 bios

Best solution

a b K Overclocking
July 31, 2011 11:26:09 PM

http://www.gigabyte.com/products/product-page.aspx?pid=...
This should be your motherboard. You can pull the BIOs update off the Giga-byte website. There is also a software Touch Bios that you can install from the website too. Just go to download > utility for touch bios or bios for your bios update. If you're unsure about what to do, I recommend letting Giga-byte's software do the work for you. Make sure you save your own bios setting first [should be an option for that in the software] Hope this helps.
a b K Overclocking
July 31, 2011 11:26:45 PM

I would stick with what you have, you did not metion the type motherboard but updating you BIOS will not change it to EFI.
m
l
Related resources
July 31, 2011 11:57:34 PM

Thanks wintermint, I'm just not super confident in something I've never done before.

@anonymous1- Sorry the mobo model was in the title, it's a gigabyte z68x-ud7-b3. I should really update my sig with my rig details.
m
l
a b K Overclocking
August 1, 2011 6:01:03 PM

Yes you can download the Touch Bios from the download section [mentioned that] and have it do the dirty work for you haha.
m
l
a b K Overclocking
August 1, 2011 6:27:28 PM

Your Gigabyte board likely already has the newest BIOS version. The "Touch BIOS" is actually a Windows program that mimics a real UEFI BIOS. They haven't yet transitioned to a GUI-based BIOS, and we don't know when they will.
m
l
December 9, 2011 3:19:45 AM

Best answer selected by benikens.
m
l
!