Sign in with
Your question

ASUS Maximus III Formula Issue

Last response: in Motherboards
January 6, 2010 2:43:42 PM

Hi!

My friend has bought a new computer recently and we built the computer together. I faced a problem though.

Here are the specs before I explain the problem:

*ASUS Maximus III Formula
*Intel core i7 860 2.8Ghz
*Nvidia Geforce 7300gt
*Corsair 8gb 1333mhz ddr3 ram
*Seagate 1tb HDD at 7200rpm

So we built up the computer and everything looked to be fine. Now when we started up the computer all things were rolling, cpu cooler and chassis fans spinning, but....no output at the monitor? After like 15 seconds the motherboard gave a beep which probably means sucessfull POST and then it checked for hdd etc...
The system seems to be running fine. But why is there no output for 15 seconds? Does the POST really take that long? Oh and another thing how do I get into the BIOS, the screen flashed for like less than a millisecond and I dont have time to press any key to enter the BIOS.

Any idieas what this might be? Sure the PC works fine, but still I wanna know why.
January 6, 2010 4:01:13 PM

Hit delete constantly during startup & hope you get into bios? :p 
January 6, 2010 5:27:39 PM

CorteX said:
Hit delete constantly during startup & hope you get into bios? :p 

LOL it actually worked but I still wanna know why there is a black screen during post. Thanks though.
Related resources
January 6, 2010 9:32:08 PM

Try look through and if you can find things like "Display Image on boot" disable them & see if it stops, I'm no expert but there are always these annoying splash screens on mobo's & I guess it could just be something like that glitching somehow.
January 6, 2010 10:17:44 PM

I have the same board and it does take about 10 secs to post, you can reduce that time if you disable the memory check when it boots.
January 6, 2010 10:19:21 PM

mpavao81 said:
I have the same board and it does take about 10 secs to post, you can reduce that time if you disable the memory check when it boots.

but is there no output(i mean nothing appears on the screen while) and everything is spinning?

Really wierd mobo but really good one =D Tnx
January 6, 2010 11:43:32 PM

i actually counted and its actually 7 secs before the rog icon comes up. so yea blank till then. From what i have read on asus forums it goes through some extensive tests before it even posts.
January 7, 2010 8:00:56 AM

mpavao81 said:
i actually counted and its actually 7 secs before the rog icon comes up. so yea blank till then. From what i have read on asus forums it goes through some extensive tests before it even posts.

Ah ok, yea i counted too it was 7-9 seconds until something came up. Thanks for the info
a b V Motherboard
January 7, 2010 10:05:55 AM

Can anyone tell me what test the mobo does before actually showing any display? :( 
January 7, 2010 1:39:50 PM

hell_storm2004 said:
Can anyone tell me what test the mobo does before actually showing any display? :( 

All the basic stuff all mobos do like:

*Check if there are any probs with RAM
*Check CPU
*Check Motherboard status
*Harddisk
*etc....

It basiclly checks if all components are working correctly. If a components isnt working correctly it would probably display an error or it would make a beep code. I dont know much about the POST but there are tons of info in Google if u want. At school I learnet the whole basic POST process but i dont remember lol.

Erik Jansson
!