Your question

New game rig under 1000USD

Tags:
  • New Build
  • Games
  • Systems
Last response: in Systems
July 13, 2009 12:41:43 PM

Hey everybody, This is my first post on the forums here. I think the thread name says it all. I am about to start work on a new game rig and I have little idea what I'm doing. It has been 5 years since I last put a computer together and everything I used to know is now obsolete I'm sure. I have been doing some reading and the only thing I feel reasonably certain about is that I like crossfire. I have a few questions that I would like answered, alternately if you want to post an entire build that would be great.

1) Hypertransport or FSB? I have been looking for this for a while, but I cannot seem to find any good hard answers. I know that with modern FSB systems it is best to match the memory speed to the bus; is there any similar rule with Hypertransport?

2) What effect does latency have on any of this?

3) I feel like I have a lot more questions that I can't quite put into words right now.

Thanks

More about : game rig 1000usd

July 13, 2009 3:46:10 PM

Welcome to the forums!
Could you please fill out this form and reply back so me and others will know exactly what you are looking for? Thank you much.
Related resources
July 13, 2009 6:40:46 PM

Quote:
I'm sorry, which form?

lol sorry, I guess I kind of hid my link a little too well. OvrClkr covers me again... :) 
!