Overclocking MSI GTX560ti Hawk

Hi everyone, I just bought a new system (first one) -
850 corsair modular
Gigabyte z68 issd
120 ocz vertex3 ssd
HAF case (4 fans)
stock cpu cooler
8gb ripjaws

I was just a little concerned about overclocking my GPU, I am using the MSI Afterburner program and have set -
a core clock of 1024 MHz
a memory clock of 2502
and the Core Voltage remains unchanged

I ran MSI Kombuster graphics test to see if it was stable (unsure if it is adequate) and it ran through fine 5 times on extreme mode with a max temp of 71 C

Should I try to push it further or keep it where it is?
5 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about overclocking gtx560ti hawk
  1. Just raise speed fan at 90 you will be fine :D
  2. This seems VERY VERY high for a 560Ti overclock. Most cards struggle to get 1000MHz core. How long are you running a test for? What are you using to test?

Running a benchmark for a few mins WILL NOT test overclock stability. You need to run a proper GPU burn-in/stability test for at least 30mins to test it properly. Most people will probably suggest even longer.

vcore: 1125
    core clock: 1000
    shader: 2100

is usually very close to the max. I don't understand how your getting temps of 71 with stock voltage. Something doesn't seem right...
  3. I suggest download OCCT (Linky!) and using the GPU test with error checking enabled. That will tell you whether or not your overclock is actually stable. Run the standard hour-long test at your full screen resolution with error checking and logging enabled. It will create a nice pic that logs your GPU temp and frames per second over the test period.
  4. Best answer
    i wouldn't push it any further, the numbers you're giving are allready a lot. I have an Gigabyte 560 TI SOC ( factory overclocked to 950 mhz, 1950 memory clock and it's running with a voltage between 1.04 and 1.1 V ) With lower voltages it crashes. First gigabyte had SOC cards up to 1000 mhz but there are reports of a lot of problems with the GPU. ( like "exploding"and all ) They didn't lower the clock speed in the newer cards for nothing i think . . . Anyway, keep an good eye on the temperature, mine doesn't come above 66C but the two fans are working like crazy to keep it that cool.
  5. Best answer selected by CalebVenner.
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Overclocking MSI-Microstar