Sign in with
Your question

Where to research fans/HS/Airflow/Case mods

Last response: in Components
October 13, 2009 12:35:17 AM

Hi guys,

I'm looking to upgrade my CPU/RAM/GPU/case with some fans, lighting and heatsinks.

I have the Thermaltake SopranoRS case, AMD 955 BE, Radeon HD 4870, and OCZ Ram with stock heatsinks.

Looking for a reliable source of information on after-market products, overclocking, fan/heatsink/lighting comparisons, etc.

Thanks!
a c 148 ) Power supply
October 13, 2009 1:06:47 AM

I shop at frozencpu.com for all my cooling and customizing needs.
m
l
a c 248 ) Power supply
October 13, 2009 5:13:03 AM

Right here at Tom's Hardware. There are technical reviews, articles, and separate sections in the forums for pc components.
m
l
Related resources
a b ) Power supply
October 13, 2009 2:55:28 PM

www.bit-tech.net always has good mod projects on the go.
m
l
a c 144 ) Power supply
October 13, 2009 2:59:30 PM

JohnnyLucky said:
Right here at Tom's Hardware.

Especially if you have definite (as opposed to general) questions.

The only problem that you might have is that the mods tend to be performance oriented here.
m
l
October 14, 2009 3:38:12 AM

I am very performance oriented myself - which is why I'm looking for comparison charts.

Every component of my computer was thoroughly researched, benchmarked by several sources, reviewed, etc.

I'm not going to skimp on the 'light'-hardware

Thank you for the suggestions, I'll jump on the pc components board - but I'm thinking Tom's could really use a case mod section... it's the one computer component that I'm not finding a detailed section for!
m
l
a c 248 ) Power supply
October 14, 2009 3:57:37 AM

Yes, we are a little weak on case mods. You can find lots of information by simply using Google to search for:

case mods
pc case mods
case modding

Good Luck!
m
l
!