Good PC but unable to play

G

Hi everyone, i recently bought som stuff for my comp and increased everything basicly

Ram from 1gb to 3.5 gb
Graphic card from 128mb to 1gb Pony 9600GT Geforce
Amd Athlon 64 2800+ to 4200+

Even with theese i get really low fps in most games. And no new good graphic game works! i had to play Crysis on lowest settings and that really buggs me off... If anyone could help me i would apreaciate it. Thank you.

PS sorry for the horrible english.

What resolution are you gaming at and how was your performance before the switch?
Did you make sure and fully un-install your previous graphics drivers and reinstall the latest available from nvidia.com?
What PSU are you using and what temps are you looking at for the CPU and GPU (both idle and load)?

Crysis can be a system killer.
If you game at a high resolution, even the most powerful systems can be brought to their knees.

G

my graphic card was kinda expensive and yes i agree, i shouldnt upgraded my computer but im a student and have little spare time for gaming and stuff, soo i just bought the card and hoped for the best. and yes i have a single core... but does it matter because its 4200+ ? thx for replys

Yes, unfortunately it does matter.
While an A64 4200+ is quite an upgrade from your previous A64 2800+, it is still extremely dated and massively underpowered by today's standards.
The lack of a second core multiplies (or divides :p ) the issue.

After seeing your Other Post, I am thinking that something is overheating and throttling your performance before deciding to crash.
My best guess is that, when you swapped your CPU, the heat sink was not properly installed.
Try taking it off, cleaning and properly reinstalling the TIM and remounting it.

G

i play WoW also and the FPS drasticly gets reduced when im in a crowdy place. But when not crowdy i have 30-40... i had like 78-90 before ... and i also could play Oblivion on maxed details without ANY lagg. thx for replys

G

Actually i did clean it and double chekced if it was installed as it was before, and it was.. but it might just be the single core... every game just goes up and down and i dont know wich ones works and wont work