Sign in with
Your question

Pink Spots

Last response: in Overclocking
August 1, 2011 4:37:00 PM

Hi,

since installing a Powercolor 6950 I have noticed that occasionally whilst gaming pink splodges appear now and again. They look like paint splats about 2-3cm big. Does anyone know what this is caused by and how to solve it? Its not a huge problem as they only appear for 1 frame every so often but its a bit annoying.

Thanks.

More about : pink spots

a b K Overclocking
August 1, 2011 6:53:35 PM

Is the card OCed any? How hot does the card get while gaming? Sounds like an unstable GPU OC...or an overheating GPU issue.
a b U Graphics card
a b 4 Gaming
a b K Overclocking
August 1, 2011 7:24:43 PM

Yep, artifacts. If you haven't overclocked or anything, and your temperatures are all right, RMA.
Related resources
a b U Graphics card
August 1, 2011 7:35:48 PM

Another thing to check (as stupid as it sounds) is the cable. Sometimes a bad cable/connection can do this as well. Re-seat, or replace the DVI/VGA/HDMI/ect cable and see if this helps. If not, RMA the card (or turn down your OC) as mentioned above.
August 2, 2011 4:19:13 PM

Thanks for the responses.

The card isn't overclocked, and temps get to about 65 whilst gaming. Its generally very cool but maybe the hot weather doesn't help.

I'll check the cables as well.

Thanks.
August 3, 2011 4:49:24 AM

I have the same issues. I uninstalled my drivers and re-installed them and it went away. Hope this helps!
August 20, 2011 6:40:36 PM

jrwizbang said:
I have the same issues. I uninstalled my drivers and re-installed them and it went away. Hope this helps!

Great thanks Jr. That worked.
August 20, 2011 6:56:49 PM

No problem man. Glad I could help.
!