Sign in with
Your question

Upgrading RAM, how much / what brand?

Last response: in Components
October 13, 2009 3:55:48 AM

I need to upgrade one of the computers in my home from 1g RAM to 2, or maybe 4 if the price is right, but I'm not sure what brand and don't know how important or how much the mhz varies on them. I need it to play BF2v 1.5, what is an affordable but quality brand? Any recommendations appreciated.

(I posted this in the gaming forum but no ones responding, thought I might have better luck here)

More about : upgrading ram brand

October 13, 2009 5:45:51 AM

It depends on what kind of ram goes into your computer...
It may be DDR,DDR2,DDR3...

Kingston,Gskill,Transcend,OCZ,Crucial,Corsair are some trusted ram makers...
m
l
October 13, 2009 2:13:17 PM

Can you post your specs? Board, slots available, RAM type and speed accepted, etc.
m
l
Related resources
October 14, 2009 1:34:42 AM

Im at work right now and dont remember the spec's off the top of my head, i'll have to check when i get home its a fairly old rig, about 4 years old. From what i can remember its dual core; XP 64 (i think); geforce 7600; 400w PSU (maybe lower)
m
l
October 14, 2009 2:13:55 AM

D/l Belarc Advisor and have it report on ya system specs. Or go to crucial site, and type in puter model or MoBo model and write down what it report as compatible.

OCZ, Corsair and Mushkin are the ones I usually wind up w/ but decision made on who has the fastest stuff among those brands at the cheapest price on buy day.
m
l
October 14, 2009 3:07:00 PM

I've used OCZ, Corsair, and Crucial, as well as G Skill and have never had any issues.
m
l
!