Discovered something....

When I started making families out of all those sitcom sims I've been
making, I discovered that you cannot have an elder married to an adult in
CAS. Drat. I had the problem with Fred and Ethel Mertz.

So, I turned back the clock for Fred and made him an adult, too. (What a
hoot! His hair was bright red! Who knew?) Did the family relationship
thingy to make them spouses then saved them. I put one tiny lot in the
neighborhood to park each family on in order to motherlode them a couple of
times so they can afford to buy the houses meant for them. (Usually, I
create the family, move them onto their permanent lot, motherlode a couple
of times, then build around them, but since I'm trying to upload these
houses as I build them, I can't do that without uploading them with the
families in them, too.)

While I had them on the lot, I used Merola's Multi-Painting to age Fred back
to an elder, then had to put the right clothes back on him. I've never run
into that before.

Jeanie

Yes I found that as I was trying to put my boyfriend's family into the
game. I also couldn't have an elder be a parent of a teen, or a teen
be a sibling of an adult. The scenario I was trying to put forward
was:

Daddy Geoff - Elder, Mummy Betty - Adult, then I changed my mind and
made her an elder too.
Daughter Kristy - Adult, and her son Balin - toddler
Son Michael - teen (I had to add blush to match his permanently rosy
cheeks! First time I've used makeup on a fella, but it was just to
reflect a naturally occurring phenomenon)

So Geoff and Betty became adults, and Kristy and Michael both teens.
Balin will have to come along later it seems. Kristy just won't go to
college.

~*~
vecki

Actually I believe that Ethel was supposed to be an elder, even tho in
reality the person that played her was close to Lucy's age.
Just like the person that played granny wasn't even as old as granny was,
lol.

> When I started making families out of all those sitcom sims I've been
> making, I discovered that you cannot have an elder married to an adult in
> CAS. Drat. I had the problem with Fred and Ethel Mertz.
>
> So, I turned back the clock for Fred and made him an adult, too. (What a
> hoot! His hair was bright red! Who knew?) Did the family relationship
> thingy to make them spouses then saved them. I put one tiny lot in the
> neighborhood to park each family on in order to motherlode them a couple
> of
> times so they can afford to buy the houses meant for them. (Usually, I
> create the family, move them onto their permanent lot, motherlode a couple
> of times, then build around them, but since I'm trying to upload these
> houses as I build them, I can't do that without uploading them with the
> families in them, too.)
>
> While I had them on the lot, I used Merola's Multi-Painting to age Fred
> back
> to an elder, then had to put the right clothes back on him. I've never
> run
> into that before.
>
> Jeanie

Well, if you think about it, it kind of makes sense since the game is
designed to be about making generations of families - they only programmed
in the intergenerational relationships in terms of "child of-parent of". I
suspect making "spouse of" between generations was too awkward for them to
manage easily in that part of the programme, though you can do it in the
gameplay easily enough. I'd have just started them off as two singles
living on the same lot and then married them asap.

Best wishes
Maxon

Bluegenie2 wrote:
> Actually I believe that Ethel was supposed to be an elder, even tho in
> reality the person that played her was close to Lucy's age.
> Just like the person that played granny wasn't even as old as granny
> was, lol.

Well, yes, but she's blonde and while she's a bit overweight, she doesn't
have the stooped stance of the elders in this game. Again, we need that
middle age time of life!

Jeanie

> "Jeanie" <Nobody@home.com> wrote in message
>> When I started making families out of all those sitcom sims I've been
>> making, I discovered that you cannot have an elder married to an
>> adult in CAS. Drat. I had the problem with Fred and Ethel Mertz.
>>
>> So, I turned back the clock for Fred and made him an adult, too.
>> (What a hoot! His hair was bright red! Who knew?) Did the family
>> relationship thingy to make them spouses then saved them. I put one
>> tiny lot in the neighborhood to park each family on in order to
>> motherlode them a couple of
>> times so they can afford to buy the houses meant for them.
>> (Usually, I create the family, move them onto their permanent lot,
>> motherlode a couple of times, then build around them, but since I'm
>> trying to upload these houses as I build them, I can't do that
>> without uploading them with the families in them, too.)
>>
>> While I had them on the lot, I used Merola's Multi-Painting to age
>> Fred back
>> to an elder, then had to put the right clothes back on him. I've
>> never run
>> into that before.
>>
>> Jeanie

BTW, are you putting the ricardos and the mertz's on the same lot?
If so, what will be their last name?
LOL

Maxon wrote:
> Well, if you think about it, it kind of makes sense since the game is
> designed to be about making generations of families - they only
> programmed in the intergenerational relationships in terms of "child
> of-parent of". I suspect making "spouse of" between generations was
> too awkward for them to manage easily in that part of the programme,
> though you can do it in the gameplay easily enough. I'd have just
> started them off as two singles living on the same lot and then
> married them asap.
>
> Best wishes
> Maxon

That was another option. I just wanted them housed together the right way
to start with, though. Haven't even really played any of the three families
I've put into that neighborhood yet.

Today, I hope to do the Cleavers and the Bradys! I still have to create
Wally and the Beaver, though. It takes Body Shop a long time to load on my
computer.

Bluegenie2 wrote:
> BTW, are you putting the ricardos and the mertz's on the same lot?
> If so, what will be their last name?
> LOL

With University, you can "join" an existing household and still keep your
own name unless there is a marriage. So I put the Mertzes in first and
named the lot "Mertz Apartments" then moved the Richardos in once Ethel and
Fred were settled. This way, after "Little Ricky" is born, they can move
out to the house in Connecticut and keep their own name.