Discovered something....

When I started making families out of all those sitcom sims I've been
making, I discovered that you cannot have an elder married to an adult in
CAS. Drat. I had the problem with Fred and Ethel Mertz.

So, I turned back the clock for Fred and made him an adult, too. (What a
hoot! His hair was bright red! Who knew?) Did the family relationship
thingy to make them spouses then saved them. I put one tiny lot in the
neighborhood to park each family on in order to motherlode them a couple of
times so they can afford to buy the houses meant for them. (Usually, I
create the family, move them onto their permanent lot, motherlode a couple
of times, then build around them, but since I'm trying to upload these
houses as I build them, I can't do that without uploading them with the
families in them, too.)

While I had them on the lot, I used Merola's Multi-Painting to age Fred back
to an elder, then had to put the right clothes back on him. I've never run
into that before.

Jeanie
7 answers Last reply
More about discovered something

    Yes I found that as I was trying to put my boyfriend's family into the
    game. I also couldn't have an elder be a parent of a teen, or a teen
    be a sibling of an adult. The scenario I was trying to put forward
    was:

    Daddy Geoff - Elder, Mummy Betty - Adult, then I changed my mind and
    made her an elder too.
    Daughter Kristy - Adult, and her son Balin - toddler
    Son Michael - teen (I had to add blush to match his permanently rosy
    cheeks! First time I've used makeup on a fella, but it was just to
    reflect a naturally occurring phenomenon)

    So Geoff and Betty became adults, and Kristy and Michael both teens.
    Balin will have to come along later it seems. Kristy just won't go to
    college.

    ~*~
    vecki

    Actually I believe that Ethel was supposed to be an elder, even tho in
    reality the person that played her was close to Lucy's age.
    Just like the person that played granny wasn't even as old as granny was,
    lol.

    > When I started making families out of all those sitcom sims I've been
    > making, I discovered that you cannot have an elder married to an adult in
    > CAS. Drat. I had the problem with Fred and Ethel Mertz.
    >
    > So, I turned back the clock for Fred and made him an adult, too. (What a
    > hoot! His hair was bright red! Who knew?) Did the family relationship
    > thingy to make them spouses then saved them. I put one tiny lot in the
    > neighborhood to park each family on in order to motherlode them a couple
    > of
    > times so they can afford to buy the houses meant for them. (Usually, I
    > create the family, move them onto their permanent lot, motherlode a couple
    > of times, then build around them, but since I'm trying to upload these
    > houses as I build them, I can't do that without uploading them with the
    > families in them, too.)
    >
    > While I had them on the lot, I used Merola's Multi-Painting to age Fred
    > back
    > to an elder, then had to put the right clothes back on him. I've never
    > run
    > into that before.
    >
    > Jeanie

    Well, if you think about it, it kind of makes sense since the game is
    designed to be about making generations of families - they only programmed
    in the intergenerational relationships in terms of "child of-parent of". I
    suspect making "spouse of" between generations was too awkward for them to
    manage easily in that part of the programme, though you can do it in the
    gameplay easily enough. I'd have just started them off as two singles
    living on the same lot and then married them asap.

    Best wishes
    Maxon

    Bluegenie2 wrote:
    > Actually I believe that Ethel was supposed to be an elder, even tho in
    > reality the person that played her was close to Lucy's age.
    > Just like the person that played granny wasn't even as old as granny
    > was, lol.

    Well, yes, but she's blonde and while she's a bit overweight, she doesn't
    have the stooped stance of the elders in this game. Again, we need that
    middle age time of life!

    Jeanie

    > "Jeanie" <Nobody@home.com> wrote in message
    >> When I started making families out of all those sitcom sims I've been
    >> making, I discovered that you cannot have an elder married to an
    >> adult in CAS. Drat. I had the problem with Fred and Ethel Mertz.
    >>
    >> So, I turned back the clock for Fred and made him an adult, too.
    >> (What a hoot! His hair was bright red! Who knew?) Did the family
    >> relationship thingy to make them spouses then saved them. I put one
    >> tiny lot in the neighborhood to park each family on in order to
    >> motherlode them a couple of
    >> times so they can afford to buy the houses meant for them.
    >> (Usually, I create the family, move them onto their permanent lot,
    >> motherlode a couple of times, then build around them, but since I'm
    >> trying to upload these houses as I build them, I can't do that
    >> without uploading them with the families in them, too.)
    >>
    >> While I had them on the lot, I used Merola's Multi-Painting to age
    >> Fred back
    >> to an elder, then had to put the right clothes back on him. I've
    >> never run
    >> into that before.
    >>
    >> Jeanie

    BTW, are you putting the ricardos and the mertz's on the same lot?
    If so, what will be their last name?
    LOL

    Maxon wrote:
    > Well, if you think about it, it kind of makes sense since the game is
    > designed to be about making generations of families - they only
    > programmed in the intergenerational relationships in terms of "child
    > of-parent of". I suspect making "spouse of" between generations was
    > too awkward for them to manage easily in that part of the programme,
    > though you can do it in the gameplay easily enough. I'd have just
    > started them off as two singles living on the same lot and then
    > married them asap.
    >
    > Best wishes
    > Maxon

    That was another option. I just wanted them housed together the right way
    to start with, though. Haven't even really played any of the three families
    I've put into that neighborhood yet.

    Today, I hope to do the Cleavers and the Bradys! I still have to create
    Wally and the Beaver, though. It takes Body Shop a long time to load on my
    computer.

    Bluegenie2 wrote:
    > BTW, are you putting the ricardos and the mertz's on the same lot?
    > If so, what will be their last name?
    > LOL

    With University, you can "join" an existing household and still keep your
    own name unless there is a marriage. So I put the Mertzes in first and
    named the lot "Mertz Apartments" then moved the Richardos in once Ethel and
    Fred were settled. This way, after "Little Ricky" is born, they can move
    out to the house in Connecticut and keep their own name.

    Jeanie

    > "Jeanie" <Nobody@home.com> wrote in message
    >> Bluegenie2 wrote:
    >>> Actually I believe that Ethel was supposed to be an elder, even tho
    >>> in reality the person that played her was close to Lucy's age.
    >>> Just like the person that played granny wasn't even as old as granny
    >>> was, lol.
    >>
    >> Well, yes, but she's blonde and while she's a bit overweight, she
    >> doesn't have the stooped stance of the elders in this game. Again,
    >> we need that middle age time of life!
    >>
    >> Jeanie
    >>

    >>> "Jeanie" <Nobody@home.com> wrote in message

Sims Video Games