Sign in with
Your question

Urgent: Comp wont post or shut off

Tags:
  • Motherboards
Last response: in Motherboards
January 6, 2010 8:44:37 PM

I wanted to reformat because I have a very pesky trojan\keylogger that I could find no other way to remove other than reformatting... although I will lose a lot of stuff its all I can do. so I popped my win7 disc in, shut my comp off.

I go to turn it on and it wont post... its been sitting that way, On, for 20 min, without posting... and no matter how long I hold the power button it wont shut off either... I don't know what to do at this point, please help!

The only other thing I did was change my boot device priority so it would boot from my optical drive to go to the windows menu thing where I could then reformat.

Specs:

Core i7 975 extreme, 8gb ram, GTX 285 (evga classified), evga classified x58 3x sli mobo

My PSU has no power switch so I don't know if it's a good idea to unplug it while my comp is on.

If its helpful at all, my graphics card fan is not spinning... x_x

More about : urgent comp wont post shut

January 6, 2010 10:23:33 PM

Can you switch it off from a power strip or something? A solid state switch is pretty much the same thing whether it's at your breaker box, on the power strip, or on the power supply itself - it breaks the circuit.
m
l
!