PCI Express X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty Pro Series

I cannot hear my XBOX 360
when I change the Audio options to Dolby Digital 5.1 surround. I have the XBOX
plugged into my Sound card via Toslink Digital Optical cable.

I had done some research online about needing to enable the decoder in the Creative Audio Control Panel, but I have no "Decoder" Tab. Also, there is a tab called SPDIF I/O when I select it, SPDIF input settings are grayed out and in the box is default (pre-selected).

Is there a fix to get a decoder for this sound card, or do I need to get a new one (note: "the get a new one" is the worst case scenario).

-String
3 answers Last reply
More about express titanium fatal1ty series
  1. Not sure if this will do you any good, but I had to update the drivers from Creative's online support in order to get the thing working right. What OS are you using?
  2. Which card do you have? Most cards since the Audigy 2 do NOT have a decoder module, including most X-fi's.
  3. Quote:
    Which card do you have? Most cards since the Audigy 2 do NOT have a decoder module, including most X-fi's.

I am using the PCI Express Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty Professional Series. I am aware that it does not have a built in decoder, and I am also aware that the "champion series" does not have that built on either.

Do you have any suggestions as to what I can do... perhaps like a software decoder?

Thanks,

-String
Ask a new question

Read More

Sound Cards Decoder Components