Overclocked CPU! Help!

xerb

Distinguished
Jun 14, 2011
http://i1194.photobucket.com/albums/aa370/xerb213/overclock.png

The pictures shows my overclocking stats for my AMD Phenom X4 955. I overclocked from 3.2 GHZ to 3.9 GHZ. My voltage is 1.48 V.
Idle Temp: ~40C
Load Temp: ~58C
Room temperature is around 25C.
Cooling Method: Corsair H50
Power Supply: 600w

Questions...

Is this overclocking stable? -- I used AMD Auto-Tune which allowed my to overclock to 3.9 GHZ.
Is my Voltage too high?
Will this decrease my CPU life expectancy?

lowjack989

Distinguished
Oct 30, 2009
Your room is 95 degrees..WoW....voltage is on point....temp is fine considering the high room temp....I would use the BIOS to OC as it allows for a more stable, higher OC then that AutoTune...Software OCing can get screwed up if the program gets corrupted...Life Expectancy well only time will tell....really...

Edit: I seen 35c...minds playing tricks on me I guess....77c is 25c...sorry....Farenheit = C * 1.8 + 32

xerb

Distinguished
Jun 14, 2011
Ok thanks, ummm I dont think my room temperature is 95 F...either I got my stats wrong or you did the conversion incorrectly lol. Its around 80F. Anywayz thanks for the help.

calmstateofmind

Distinguished
I'd try to get the voltage down just a bit and maybe shoot for the CPU to be at 3.8GHz. Your temps in the room are pretty high which doesn't help the cooling at all. If you dropped your room temp by ~5-10F then you'd see a noticeable difference in CPU temp.

As for longevity, by no means does OCing increase the CPU life, but as long as you keep a close watch on the temp and reapply thermal paste when necessary, it'll be fine.

And as for using software to calibrate your OC settings, I'd also recommend doing it in the BIOS instead. I don't really trust the software that much.