Installing a C300 SSD to Desktop Computer

milesfromhome83

Distinguished
Apr 6, 2011
Hey all,

Just purchased a C300 128gig SSD. When it arrived, it came with no cables and the instructions only reference laptop computer installation, but I have a desktop. I'm pretty new to custom work and modifications, so what do I need to do to get the C300 hooked up to my rig?

I'm using a Gigabyte P55A-UD3 motherboard, and I'm trying to get it set up using SATA III.

Thanks for any help you can offer.

tecmo34

Administrator
First... You need a 2.5" to 3.5" adapter for your SSD to put it into your Case (unless your case has one, already or the C300 came with one).

Second... You disconnect any other hard drives installed in your PC before installing / setting up the SSD.

Third... You plug the SSD into SATA port GSATA3_6 or GSATA3_7 than boot into your BIOS.

Fourth... Set your "GSATA Ctrl Mode" to AHCI mode and reboot.

Fifth... Install the OS, as normal, onto the SSD drive.

Sixth... Once the install process is complete, install the Marvell 9128 drivers than the rest of the motherboard drivers. After install the motherboard drivers, go with the GPU driver and your anti-virus software.

Seventh... Reconnect your other hard drivers and format, as needed (if you can't see them review this thread... http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/265764-32-guide-installed-disk-system )

Finish up with Windows updates and all of your programs / games or begin setting up your system to utilize a hard drive for your USER folders and games/applications.