Finalizing my i7 build- need some help.

lowfatyogurt

Distinguished
Jul 13, 2009
Hey guys, could use some help.

I was just hoping that people could help finalize the rest of my build before I purchase it tonight. I already have a case, motherboard, cpu, and powersupply:

-Antec 1200
-Asus P6T
-Intel Core i7 920
-Antec 850W PSU

http://secure.newegg.com/WishList/PublicWishDetail.aspx?WishListNumber=13596168

BUDGET RANGE: 500$ (For the rest of the parts)

SYSTEM USAGE FROM MOST TO LEAST IMPORTANT:gaming, video/photo editing, surfing the net, email, etc.

PARTS NOT REQUIRED: keyboard, monitor, case, powersupply, processor, motherboard, speakers, mouse

PREFERRED WEBSITE(S) FOR PARTS: Newegg, zipzoomfly

OVERCLOCKING: Yes SLI- definitely in the future.

MONITOR RESOLUTION: 1680x1050

My main concern is the RAM. I chose it because it has low timings, but unfortunately it also has a lower frequency. On TH, it showed that timings are more important than frequency, and TH reccomnded that you buy the lowest timings available in a 1333 or 1066. I also like Mushkin RAM, and I don't know if I'm making a mistake by going with that particular type of G.skill RAM.

Any advice is much appreciated, thanks guys :D

lowfatyogurt

Distinguished
Jul 13, 2009

Thanks for the help, do you think the OCZ Platinum RAM is worth the extra 15$ over the OCZ XMP edition RAM? Is there a noticeable difference between 8-8-8-24 and 7-7-7-24 RAM? Thanks for the help.

lowfatyogurt

Distinguished
Jul 13, 2009

Thanks man, I've decided to get the XMP RAM, b/c I can get a 7$ discount with a 1tb drive. (WD black).
Thanks for your help guys, going to order my parts right now :D :D :D :) :) :) :sol: